This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office politics

This amused me, and it shows just how big of gaming nerds we all are where I work.

We were talking about politics today and how most of us are going to vote for liberal democrats purely because they want to get rid of the digital economy bill so we can download shit

Simon was saying (Yes, Simon Said) about how he would start up his own political party and it would be the best out there

Simon: What I would do is scrap the digital economy bill, Tell all immigrants that if they want to come into the country, they'd damn sure better learn how to speak English fluently first. Secondly they had better be coming here to work in a job that's been offered to British citizens first, and not to scrounge off the state. Thirdly that they can celebrate their own special times of the year but they will not try to stop me from celebrating Christmas, Easter and bonfire night.

Me: Interesting. I'd vote for you

Simon: The I would take all the warning signs off stuff. You can leave certain ones on, like the lightning strike symbol on electrical cabinet's and substations but take off the ones that say like, If you climb on Electricity pylons, you'll die. If you're stupid enough to scale a 240 000 volt Electricity Pylon, you DESERVE to die. If we take the warning labels off things, the problem will soon sort it's self out.

Ade: So, what would you call this party?
    Me: The natural Selection party?
    Simon: Nah, it needs to be something neutral and nothing like the BNPs name or anything thats like "if you're stupid, you will die"
    John: The Cowel party?
    Simon: I'm not so egotistical to name a party after myself
    Me: erm...I know !! Ultor!
    Simon: ...Yeah!! *bright eyes* That works!!
    Me: So okay, but you need to build an R&D facility for designing mars mining equipment
    Simon: Yeah, and we'd also need to let the gangs fight over control for England so they can cripple each other, then we can increase police presence and power, which will mean all the gang bangers get themselves arrested or killed
    Simon: We need to work out where we will put the headquarters though. We'd need to call it something original like...oh...I dunno, The Philips Building.
    Me: You need to build it by a disused church for you to renovate, then renovate the whole area too.
    Simon: Indeed!
    Me: We'd need your advertising campaign to be simple too
    Simon: I know! "Ultor: A brighter Future, and a better life"
    Me: what would you do after you get established as Prime minister though?
    Simon: Start mining operations on Mars. We'd Also have to force EDF energy to drop their name OR bring in another division, something more Military like. Like...I dunno, Earth Defence Force
    Me: How will you deal with it if the miners on mars revolt against Ultor?
    Simon: Not a god damn clue.

We've even got an ear-catch that can be played on TV and radio which you can hear at the following address: http://www.advancedflea.co.uk/cs/ultor.mp3

THQ and volition are probably going to sue our arses if we do establish such a political party but meh, oh well ^_^
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Could you form one on this side of the pond, too? I'd totally vote for you.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

makes sense to me. got my vote!
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

I'll vote for you, but only if you re-record the ear-catch and use my voice (everywhere I work, I always - ALWAYS - end up as the bloody IVR)
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I see you've been playing your game again. I'd roll my eyes, but those muscles are tired.

REALLY need to get that game when I get the desktop back.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post

I'd totally vote for you.
            Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
            got my vote!
            awesome 2 votes...but I don't live in the US. I need a job and a marridge to get over there. one of which I don't have ;_;

Quoth iradney View Post
            but only if you re-record the ear-catch and use my voice
            Heh, part of the joke was that the "Ultor. A brighter future and a better life" earcatch would be the same as the one from Saints Row 2

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            I see you've been playing your game again. I'd roll my eyes, but those muscles are tired.

REALLY need to get that game when I get the desktop back.
            Hun, I've been playing that game almost contsatntly since I got it. I'm playing through the different difficulty levels...and noooow, I have an xBox 360 controller for the PC, it's a lot easier

and yes...you definatly need to play it when you get your PC back

Comment

Three votes. Which do you need, the marriage or the job?

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
                I have an xBox 360 controller for the PC, it's a lot easier
                I WANT!

*breaks piggy-bank*

Quoth morgana View Post
                Three votes. Which do you need, the marriage or the job?
                The job. He's already got the marriage planned out.

Oh, I think you also need to be an American Cit for at least 14 years before you can run for Prez.

Comment

You've got my vote!

And my friend says she'll vote for your party, too.
                  Last edited by wagegoth; 04-19-2010, 07:49 PM. Reason: Add another vote
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I WANT!

*breaks piggy-bank*

The job. He's already got the marriage planned out.

Oh, I think you also need to be an American Cit for at least 14 years before you can run for Prez.
                    Nope, to be president of the US you have to be a natural born citizen.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Really? Huh. Then what position was it...senate? Crap, I dunno, I avoid polly-ticks.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Which do you need, the marriage or the job?
                        The Job Give me a job in IT and help me out with immigration, I'll get started on running your country the Ultor way ;D

I am SO linking the THQ and Volition guys to this thread, honest to god XD

Trouble is that your political system works differently to ours. I am talking about Ultor as a political party, like the system we have over here. Technially speaking, the head of that political party runs the country but he has to be voted to that position by people in that party...or I think thats how it works.

I WANT!

*breaks piggy-bank*

Really? Huh. Then what position was it...senate? Crap, I dunno, I avoid polly-ticks.
                        it'll set you back about £40 for the controller and reciever for windows (the controler on it's own will also work on an XBox)

And even I knew you have to be a native US citizen to do political crap over there

Comment

And even I knew you have to be a native US citizen to do political crap over there
                          Only the (p)resident and the vice(p) have to be native, so if the chain of succession fizzles any farther, we could get some conniptions.

Line of succession, first 7 offices:
                          1 Vice President
                          2 Speaker of the House
                          3 President pro tempore of the Senate
                          4 Secretary of State
                          5 Secretary of the Treasury
                          6 Secretary of Defense
                          7 Attorney General
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

it'll set you back about £40 for the controller and reciever for windows (the controler on it's own will also work on an XBox)

SCORE and I'm a dumb-dog that LIKES living under a rock, whaddaya expect from me?

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Only the (p)resident and the vice(p) have to be native, so if the chain of succession fizzles any farther, we could get some conniptions.
                            REALLY now? *Grabs tatergun* ALLLLLAAAAN! Run for Speaker of the House.

Comment

I can't. I. Dont. Live. In. The. US

it appears that Volition like the idea of Ultor as a political party and the fact so many people would vote for them http://twitter.com/VolitionInc/status/12520470429

Comment

Working...
                              X