This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Errors

I got this one working on a (much) older computer replacing the CD/DVD drive:

"WARNING: CD-ROM speed detected faster than possible."

Had me talking in my fake-Scotty voice for hours.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

You never know what is truly possible...After all (speaking of Scotty), transparent aluminum exists now. Apparently, it's stronger than silica-based glass, and can be used in similar ways. Granted, it costs around ten bucks per square inch...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Dear Tech Support,
      my computer mouse seems to be having an issue with voice commands...
      Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

This should help with your mouse problems

*tosses MrSmiley a :CueCat* (think "predecessor to QR scanners")
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I remember those stupid things. Mom's boss at the time thought it was the greatest thing ever and she wanted me to set it up and support it for her.

"You have to wonder about a business plan based on the notion that people want to interact with a soda can"
          I say this about current QR codes on packaging too.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
            Dear Tech Support,
            my computer mouse seems to be having an issue with voice commands...
            Ah yes, Hello computer!
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Just use the keyboard. >.>
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this episode of Haruhi Suzumiya referenced Scotty's computer skills. As well as quite a few other things.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  You never know what is truly possible...After all (speaking of Scotty), transparent aluminum exists now. Apparently, it's stronger than silica-based glass, and can be used in similar ways. Granted, it costs around ten bucks per square inch...
                  YES!!! I have been waiting years for that to be invented.

5 more years and I might be seeing it at the machine shop I work at. I wonder how well it will cut, material density, special requirements, what type of parts will be made, ect.

(dang nab it, I just had a nerdgasim )
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

People have been working on it (read: first patent) since at least 1980, and it was in usable, testable form as of 15 years ago. With any luck, ALON (Aluminium oxynitride) could be something offered to the public in a few years. Who knows? (It's technically a form of ceramic, but it contains a fair amount of aluminum. I'd say that's "close enough" )

Comment

Working...
                    X