Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pederson, before the guy apparently removed the video, the version I watched on his account showed numerous cuts and edits. Aside from "Here's about 30 minutes of me derping around, and who wants to see that?" type of editing, its possible that he actually flew his drone lower, and edited out parts of it. Though if it was in fact 10 feet, I will be extremely surprised.

As for that other link, what the frikking hell? Poor kid.
    Last edited by Tee; 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

The video that I linked he is claiming was completely unedited aside from adding commentary into it. It had to go through video recovery to get as much as he did. And, for some reason, he's marked that video as private. Going to go look for more of it now to update that link.

As to how it could have had so much jumpiness, there's one theory I can come up with: The recovery process only managed to recover chunks at a time, meaning that he was actually left with 6 or 10 video clips that he had to put in order.

Ah, found a different copy of it that shows much less jumpiness. Definitely seems like the drone, on at least that flight, was definitely way up.

Comment

When I read the commentary, he didn't have much in there aside from something akin to "Yeah, 10 feet above your yard wasn't I!", but as with anything, it can be edited and updated. I do recall him adding a caption in the video to that extent as well.

Stupidly enough, I hadn't even considered that the skipping could be from damage, for some reason I was under the impression that the footage had been fine. Which is odd, cause reading back, there's nothing there about it.

Having the video private is a smart move, if he's planning to try again in court.

Firing a shotgun armed with effectively harmless shot at a drone 10 feet up that was sneaking peeps at your daughters? Yeah, okay, on board.

Firing it at a distance of 50 feet? Ehhhhhh. 200?

As you said, its still destruction of property, but in the first scenario, I wouldn't blame him a bit, and would hope he'd be hit with the minimum sentence/punishment. If everything is true.

I come to this website to see, well, justice at work. I don't like seeing the innocent punished, or wrong get away with things. This website, and a few others, is what makes everything seem okay. And it's also the reason I stay away from Fratching. XD

Thanks for that relink! I actually didn't find a working video when I went looking. Was kinda irritated by that, I hate knowing what I'm looking for is there, and not being able to find it. I hope none of that leaked through, it didn't look like it too me, but text can be hard to tell sometimes.

(Heh, this took nearly 30 minutes to type. XD So many students today.)
        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

No worries, no offense taken at anything.

After doing more research, I've also learned even more of why the video has the jumps that it did: It's not the original video. It's as close as he can get, but it's not the original.

The SD card that was on the drone is missing. Depending on which version of events you read, the card was lost during the crash, or it was confiscated by the shooter who refused to return it.

The video that we're seeing is the video stream that went from the drone to the ipad that was being used to control the drone. With that in mind, the video is being transmitted via RF, and that can result in all kinds of craziness in the received video. That explains the jumps, at least.

Now, other questions come up: The recovered video is about 90 seconds long. Am I supposed to believe that the shooter was told by his daughters that a drone was flying around and peering at them, then he went to get his shotgun, loaded it, went outside, took aim, and fired three times at the drone before knocking it out of the sky? Is he the flash? More likely is that this video is from the final flight that day, and other flights occurred. Those other flights might well have been doing what was claimed. We have no proof either way, though.

Again, both sides are in the wrong. Different types and different ways, but both are in the wrong. And I can't help but wonder if there's possibly a bit of shenanigans on the shooter's part. After all, if the video would exonerate the pilot, the shooter would have reason to lose that card. And those cards don't dislodge easily. I've had a crash which knocked the camera about 10 feet from the drone while it fell about 50 feet through trees, and the card was still in the camera. But a simply straightforward crash where everything else stayed attached managed to eject the memory card? Possible, but seems improbable.

Comment

Working...
          X