X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV & software jerks.

1. Too far away.

Backstory: the retail store's support arm has onsite techs assigned by various "skill sets." For TVs, there are separate techs for install and repair. These techs, like our computer techs, work out of their homes and that's where the radius for service begins, not from the store. Unfortunately, the company has very few TV repair techs on hand (Mostly because the pay is crap) around the country. So for example, even if a customer lives 10 miles east of the store, if the nearest TV repair tech lives 50 miles west of the store, that automatically places the customer outside the service range and we have to send out a 3rd party tech.

Most customers understand this. Not this SC....

Me: Unfortunately sir we cannot get a tech out to your area, we are going to need to send a 3rty party tech out.

SC: That's bull, I leave 10 miles away!

Me: *Tells customer the reason for this like I said in my backstory - minus the very few of them 'cause the pay is crap part.*

SC: So? You paying for his gas anyway! Send him out!

Me: It would be a bit unfair to make a tech drive 80 miles....

SC: In other words you're putting your tech's needs ahead of mine. You are here to service me, not pamper your techs.

Me: Sir even if I wanted to once you're out of range the system we use won't let me schedule you. I can get you over to the 3rd party dept where they can....

SC: I don't want no 3rd party tech, I want your techs!

Me: If you don't want to be transferred to 3rd party this TV will not be repaired.

SC: FINE SEND ME OVER THERE!!

Me: Please hold....

In all reality I blame the corporate honchos for this. Raise the pay (Why would techs work for us when they can work for an independent shop or freelance and makes 3-4 times as much) and you can get more techs.

No stats to hurt.

On the dept that handles our store-licensed software we are also responsible for canceling software and/or turning off the auto renewal function (so it cancels instead of renewing). We have no stat for these and NO churn rate for these as they would be horrible, so why penalize us because the customer doesn't want the service anymore.

However, if a customer is canceling us for a clearly inferior product, I let them know they should go with something else.

Cue this SC....

SC: I'm using McAfee so I don't need your software anymore.

Me: *Sees he has the free 6 month version, so it won't get a refund anyway for canceling it.* Since you have the free 6 month promo I'm just going to turn off auto renewal so it will stay active in the system then it will just lapse and cancel out at the end and you won't have to worry about your card getting charged....

SC: Why can't you just cancel it?!

Me: Since it's in the free period hitting the cancel button will just flag it to cancel at the end, thereby doing the same thing as turning off the auto renewal.

SC: You just don't want to hurt your stats by canceling the software. Way to take care of your needs first!

Me: Actually we have no such stats here. By the way, just a little piece of advice for future reference. Once your McAfee runs out you might want to consider something else, it's used by so many people that a lot of viruses blow right past it and it's like an egg; it gets torn apart by even the simplest malware.

SC: Thanks. I'll be sure to tell my friend who works at McAfee you said that!

Me: Thinking: Please your friend probably works at taco bell! Okay auto renewal has been turned off, whenever you're ready I'll give you the case number.

*Gives case number.*

SC: Okay shithead, bye!

Me: Thank you for calling [company], have a great day!

*Click.*

No offense to any CS'ers here that works at taco bell, BTW. And yes I do give props to a client if they are using good software in place of ours (If a client is using NOD32 for example I'll let them know it's good).

Quoth sld72382 View Post
    SC: In other words you're putting your tech's needs ahead of mine. You are here to service me, not pamper your techs.
    A company's most important asset is its employees. Thank goodness someone is pampering them.

Comment

Working...
    X