This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday SCs

Its my bday today... (insert random cheering and/or indifference from the CS crowd) and my boss booked me to work 3-7. (insert booing and or cheers depending on your thoughts.)

This is all well and good I suppose... ( I can't really start drinking til after 7, I'm not Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.) Except of a few things... People always seem to be extra rotten during the 3-7 shift and I'm going to have a shorter fuse because it's my birthday. Call it a preconceived "Well it's my birthday dammit... Can't you people behave for one goddamned day?" LOL

I mean technically I suppose you could call the shift a good thing, cuz my boss said she was going to give me more hours because my sales were higher than others and she needed me in the store to fix the average. In other words, they're doing for her store what they should've done for mine and give me a staff who actually helps offset the deficit instead of expecting me to carry the entire studio average by myself. Which is why I got burnt out in the first place and even partly why I stopped posting on CS...

It's all well and good to post about the random crap that happens. But when it started coming from all sides, it was beyond posting random anecdotes and just about survival and keeping my head above the shit.

Maybe if they'd done that, I wouldn't have quit like I did. I just hope that this doesn't backfire on me and they expect me to carry this entire studio.

If you see me on the news, running screaming past the cameras with a severed head in my hands, you'll know that I've snapped. LOL Wish me luck.

Happy Birthday! Just be aware of your limits and stop your employers from overscheduling you when you start to feel yourself tipping over the edge. Unfortunately, burning out previously will make you more sensitive to burning out again, so take care of yourself. If you pace yourself, you'll be able to make it through and be a lot happier for it.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Well as Randal Graves once said. This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers.

LOL. There's a lot of new factors in play here at the new locations. One of which is that for the most part the host store leaves us the fuck alone. The other store at the studio I worked at was so fucking kindergarten it hurt.

It included, but not limited itself to:

Taking our tstands for our signage.

Giving or promising discounts to our customers instead of coming to us first.

Trying to discipline MY STAFF

Cutting out the power to my studio and telling me I didn't need electricity to run anything. What does he think the computers, lights, and camera run on? Love?

Anyway... I don't have that nonsense at the new job. Just the customers asking why passport photos are so expensive, or making up ridiculous stories in order to get free stuff. So those aren't new and easier handled than childish store management.

"Because, that's how much they are."

"That's too bad. I'm sorry, but all we can offer is 20% off. I'm sorry the lab apparently printed off the wrong pose out of the 7 poses you picked and the 40 photos you bought, but we're not comping a $500 order..."

My manager is pretty cruel and kinda mean to customers at times so I'm surprised more haven't snapped and accused her of not kissing their ass 100x over. Mind you they started it though... LOL She doesn't take any crap. Maybe I'm just too nice.

Comment

Happy Birthday, RB! birthday: Sure it sucks to work on your birthday, but on the bright side of it more money for you! Take care of yourself, do something for you and only you here and there and take time off too. Burnouts are no joke.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY!
          FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
          WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRFDAY
          SO WE COULD PARTY TOO!
          WHOO!

...I'm in too many restaurants....
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

LOL thanks guys.

The shift was long for only being 4 hrs. All my appts cancelled and I had 1 walk in who bought nothing but the cheapie package and a sheet.

Of course I had the late influx of passport customers. Well 1... at ten minutes to close. I did manage to shoot him and get him the hell out and close up at five after. Didn't stop the stupid questions from people coming up after my signs were all up though.

"Ummm do you know where the frames are?"

"I don't work here."

"???? But..."

"I'm closed. I'm going home. Ask them at the 1 hr photo."

"But I just want to ask a question..."

"About something I know nothing about, and have no clue AND I'm closed. G'bye."

"But..."

"They're in the back of the store... by housewares. Bye.."

Mutters to themselves and keeps talking but I walk away.

On an offtopic-ish note.

My roommate baked an awesome cake and took me out for dinner. LOL The bill was a little steep. It might've been the 3oz Caeasars we were drinking... LOL

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY!
              FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
              WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRFDAY
              SO WE COULD PARTY TOO!
              WHOO!

...I'm in too many restaurants....

Performing or partying?
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Eating out. I don't like to cook.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Damn you'd make a great trick pony :P
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Whom?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Happy Birthday to another firecracker!!! Mine was the 4th too, but luckily I didn't have to work. I have a policy of NEVER working my birthday, no matter what. In fact, if I ever owned a company, I wouldn't even LET someone work their birthdays, as that should be a day for THEM. It would be a paid day off. Not working that day anyway? Then you get day before or after off, still paid.

I'm glad your shift wasn't too bad. Birthdays should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X