Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not that I have no personality-it's just that you're NOT funny.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
    Yes! Space Mutiny (even without the MST treatment) = very funny
    What I found scary was Manos: Hands of Fate, which was painful to watch, even with MST treatment.

Comment

I love it when my customers give me a critique on my personality.

I always just give them the loopiest pscychotic grin I can muster.

And in the MST debate my favorite episode has always been Hobgoblins though I have yet to see Manos: Hands of Fate.

Comment

"Ah - I understand now. It's just like a joke, but not funny."

We used that line a lot....
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I used to get the "you must have no sense of humour" comment quite often, but it was from relatives, and it was usually because that person had made a comment/joke about something which they knew I didn't find funny, but for some reason expected me to laugh about it.

Comment

I love that they think they're being funny when you deal with hundreds of people a day, a fair few who also use similar jokes. Sadly enough I've heard that one before and now that you have--I doubt it will be your last. It's like the people who chortle up to your empty line and say, "You look bored, I thought I'd give you something to do. *giggle*", then they look at you with some awful manic smile expecting you to keel over with laughter at their cleverness. I'm sorry but my patience stopped the first day I started working as a cashier and heard it a few dozen times. <--hysterical smiley.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              I always just give them the loopiest pscychotic grin I can muster.
              I still-bleeding-blood-heart-piece you. Totally. I do the same thing and it freaks the Not-Funnies the hell out.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I hate when they make jokes about their total being an even amount. I just cringe when I see it on the screen and have to tell them. They're always like, "Nine dollars EVEN?? Wow, haha! Now THAT doesn't happen very often! It's my lucky day! Do I win a prize? I should play the lotto!" etc. etc. Why even ask? If it wasn't nine dollars EVEN, do you think I would have said nine dollars? And even totals occur a few times a shift just at my register alone. It's not that special.

Comment

I've given them the blank, deadpan stare many times. Most of the time, though, I use it on my coworker RK, when she attempts to sing. (She can't.) I'll just stare at her, and it cracks her up to see me giving her this withering look.

"Don't you have a sense of humor?"
                  J2K: "Not five hours into a ten-hour shift."

J2K: "It was surgically removed when I took this job."

J2K: "Not when I'm working on one hour of sleep."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My hubby's Uncle is one of those guys! He's always saying stupid stuff with a big dumb grin thinking he's sooo clever. Most times it's so stupid & annoying.

Here's one example: I bought a new car a few years back and was very happy about it. So the next time we went to one of hubby's family functions I beeped the horn at them as we pulled into the driveway as a fun "Hi! Look at this sweet car we just bought" greeting.

Well ever since that day 4 years ago, hubby's Uncle has nicknamed me "beep beep" and says how's it going beep beep? Every single time we see him. He thinks it's so clever and funny. And I just groan inside and give him a weak "you're pathetic" smile back hoping he'll get the hint I don't like the nickname but he never does get it. Jeesh, if I'd known I'd get stuck with such a lame nickname I never would've done it. Now there's no way to take it back. One of these days I'm just gonna snap and say "I have a name and it's not beep beep!"
                    Last edited by laundryhater; 10-10-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

I work as a flight attendant on very small, regional jets. And EVERY TIME during boarding, without fail, someone's got to crack a joke about how small the plane is:

"Uh-oh, better watch I don't bump my head! I'm glad I'm not a basketball player!"

"Ha-HA! This is the first time I'm happy to be short! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"Wow, this plane is SMALL! Looks like we're riding the short bus today!"

And I've got to pretend that it's the first time I've ever heard such hilarious witicisms. Some days, though, I can't muster up the energy to do it, and just turn my head away, trying to hide my disgust and annoyance.
                      "we pay our debt sometime..."

Comment

I used to work as an election official on polling day back in Australia (where voting is compusory)...

we had to ask 3 questions:

'What is your name?'

'What is your address?'

'Have you voted before in this election?'

and you probably could imagine the dumbass retarded old tired stale lame ass replies I got to the last one....

every time they did that crap, I repeat the question in a sterner voice... I never smiled, I never pretended to be amused and as I was not bound by any rule to be nice, I did not have to give any customer service... just to get the info, mark their names off the roll and hand them the ballot papers...

Then you get the 'this is not democracy, having to vote'... I would literally say 'I do not care what your opinion is..' then repeat the questions.

Beyond the 3 questions, I could and did simply ignore them

Some were nice and answered the questions and recognised that a 20 hour day on election day (inclding counting etc) was very tiring and did not make a fuss.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                          He said, "Apparently she doesn't think I'm funny." The wife goes, "Apparently not.
                          "Actually, sir, I DO think you are funny... but not in a "ha ha" kind of way."

(With appreciation to Matt Groenig)
                          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
                          X