This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we don't give out free money.

Hey everyone, been away for a while due to an incredible lack of sucky customers in my new job :O shocking, I know, but true. And too good to last. Small a thing as this is, I still couldn't believe it.

Store where I work has trolleys chained up outside, they're the kind which require a £1 coin to get the trolley, you get the money back when you put the trolley back. Basically an anti-trolley theft policy (although when I was younger, I'd probably have happily paid £1 for a trolley :P )

Anyway, we quite frequently have customers ask us to make change for them, no big deal, just means we have to call a manager to open the till (we're not allowed to do it ourselves, and most of us don't have the security code anyhow).

So when this guy in a business suit walks in and asks if I have a coin for the trolleys, I just say yeah, no problem, I'll have to call a manager down to open the till to make change though.

Guy instantly says 'I don't have any cash. What, you don't have any money for the trolleys?'

You're expecting me to just HAND OUT pound coins to anyone who asks for them? Or just to you, because you look sooo important in your fancy suit. Go fuck yourself buddy.

Saddest part is, when I relayed the story to my manager, he told me it's not an unusual occurrence
    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Do WHAT?! A Businessman doesn't have a 1 pound coin in his pocket?

I have a 1 dollar coin in my pocket right now! And I'm broke!

Oi vay.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Oookay....

I don't have £1coin right now, but i do have about five of those charity pound-saver token things, they're not that hard to find, and a load of supermarkets actually sell them now.

Comment

I have... 43 cents in my pocket. But I know I have nearly 10$ in quarters in the car (It's incase I wind up on the tollway, I can avoid running the tolls and getting fined).
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We always left £1 in the car for when we were shopping, plus my dad had a keyring with a round thing on it the size of a £1 just incase.

But come on, in the UK, if you know you're going to buy enough to need a trolley, you should have the £1 ready and waiting.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
          X