Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ma'am, we are not paying you to take our product!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma'am, we are not paying you to take our product!

Last week we had a sale at our store on RC products (the 6 pack of 16.9 oz bottles): Buy 2 Get 3 Free. They were $3.78 each. Well, the way they ring up in the register is that they ring up all 5 items, and then have "Free Item -$3.78" where it takes 3 of them off...just like a coupon. A little confusing, but when you explain it to the customer most of them grasp the concept.

Monday night I was Service Coordinator and Stephanie was working the Service Desk alone while Laura was on her last break. Stephanie calls and says she needs me at the Service Desk. I come up and find an older woman with a receipt from the previous week. She said, "I bought that pop while you had it buy 2 get 3 free..and she rang up 8 of them! So I got overcharged for 3 pops and I need a refund." I take her receipt and there were 2 Big Reds, one RC and 2 Diet Sunkists rung up, and then three of the "free item= -$3.78" entries. I explain to her that they ring up all 5, and then they minus off 3 of them to make them zero and she only pays for two. Nope, she insisted that they had rung up 8 of them. So I pair them up...these 3 cancel each other out and these are the only two you pay for. Did she get it? No. Every time I pointed to the Free Item one she said, "Those are my FREEEE ones." like I am too stupid to read the receipt correctly. She didn't seem to get that the cost of a free one is ZERO, not a NEGATIVE NUMBER!!

So I go and get the calculator. "Okay, you got charged for two here...that is $7.56. Then another one here...plus $3.78 and two more here...plus $7.56. Then it subtracts these...minus $3.78, and another...minus $3.78 and one more $3.78. That leaves $7.56...that is the cost of two 6 packs and all that you paid." She is grumbling the whole time and when I finish that and show her the calculator she snatches her receipt back and yells that it is bullshit and that we are ripping people off and that she is never coming to this store again and goes stomping off. One of my coworkers was coming back from the parking lot and she said the woman was grumbling and when she smiled and told her to have a nice day she went off on her about the store ripping people off and she was never coming back.
    If I had done as she wanted, she not only would have gotten all 5 of her 6 packs free, but we would have been paying her $3.78 plus tax to take the product out of the store. I couldn't decide if she was really that dense or if she was trying to confuse me and Stephanie so that she would get that extra money back. In either case I didn't budge...I am a 3 1/2 year veteran of the Service Desk and I have heard it all. We all just wish they would fix it where if something is FREE it rings up as ZERO, not this ringing up and then minusing it out...I know they can do it becuase it happens on some items but not on others.

Really, she was that dumb. Or just that stubborn and refusing to admit she could possibly be mistaken. I've run into this a lot, although people usually catch on (eventually...) which limits the suck. Don't worry, this woman will just call corporate and she'll get some freebie coupons from them
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I love RC. Do you guys sell moonpies too?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have hat that happen too. Our receipts read:

Item 1.00
        savings-1.00
        you pay 0.00

You see you got the sale price for the item, yet even cases like the one above SC will DEMAND we refund the price in line 1 because the indented lines below are apparently just for decoration.

Comment

Do what she asks, remove the "extra items."

Then tell her "Allright ma'am, you now owe us $11.34. Will that be cash or credit?"

Comment

I think she was a scammer... I hope she is a scammer.... I hope there isn't really someone that stupid...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ours ring up as (for buy 1 get 1 free)

Item $3.78
              Item $3.78
              PROMO 2 Item -$3.78

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                I love RC. Do you guys sell moonpies too?

Oh my God, I have not had a Moonpie in a long while
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

At the pool store, if we sell stuff by the case (like shock, Slo-Pokes, etc.) and there's a discount involved, it'll do this first:

37257 12.5% LIQ SHOCK 3.99

Then I hit "Quanity", then 4, then it looks like this:

37257 12.5% LIQ SHOCK 19.96

To get the case deal, the customer won't see the cheaper price until I've totalled the entire order out, in which case it would look like this on their receipt:

37257 12.5% LIQ SHOCK 15.96
                  3.99-1.00 2.99

Confusing, no?

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    I think she was a scammer... I hope she is a scammer.... I hope there isn't really someone that stupid...
                    I hate to say it but it really looks more like she was just stupid.

Our store basically does the same thing. The free items show up with a minus sign on both the register and the receipt, but I still have to point them out to some people.

I call it my Free Adult Literacy course.

Comment

Why is the sale that good?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                        Why is the sale that good?
                        Because RC cola is still hands down the cheapest soda ever made that you can get without going to Wal*Mart. And it's actually pretty good to top that off.

Some of my fondest summer memories are of the years when my parents would bulk buy RC cola on the sale days.

Comment

The stores around here for BOGO sales will charge half price on each item. AFAIK that hasn't led to too much confusion.
                          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                          X