Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cow tongue used to be quite common in Britain - roughly the equivalent of salami now.

Come to that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if cow tongue were an ingredient in salami. But they don't dare say it explicitly on the packaging.

Comment

You can still find tongue if you've got a good butcher near you, I'd rather have that then "Generic, cheap sausage" any day of the week as it's easily identifiable. Whilst your at the butchers look for brawn - boiled and chunked head in jelly

As someone who's shot, gutted and tried to make skins (didn't work ) off of pests (rabbits) and willing to try most game or odd meat, that and far too many years chefing, I think we've become far too detached from our food sources. Too many people nowadays don't think beyond the plastic tray their meat comes in and lose the point that their 16oz steak used to be "Bessie" or that fluffy animals can still make good (cheap) eatin'.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
      X