This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatulent teenage girls!

So yesterday was the first day of our Super Duper Uber Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season sale, and it wasn't really sucky, just busy.

Just a few stories:

Flawyer Heard From

One of our big specials was a certain kind of storage tote priced at 2 for $8.88. They were flying out the door and we were completely out of the totes by 8 pm. Store manager asked me to check and see if we had any more in the back, which we did not.

So of course I had to get flagged down by this moron:

Customer: Where are the storage totes that you have on sale for 2 for $8.88?
    Me: I'm sorry, those are sold out. They've been selling really fast all day.
    Customer: Well, can't you check the backroom or something?
    Me: ...okay. I'll be right back.

I went to the backroom for a couple drinks of water and to BS with the truck crew.

Me: (returning) I'm sorry, we have no more in the backroom.
    Customer: Why do you always advertise things and not have them in stock? That's false advertising if you ask me! I hope Kohls puts you out of business!

Y'know, if I had a dollar for every time somebody accused us of false advertising, I'd have...all these dollars.

FAAAARRRRTTTTTT...giggle giggle...

While filling things from autopulls yesterday, I noticed a pack of teenaged girls wandering around aimlessly talking and giggling about stupid shit. Or something.

Then I saw them head into one of the toys aisles and heard many fart noises coming from said aisle.

Turned out they were playing with the whoopie cushions we have for sale in the $1.99 novelty toys aisle.

Oh well, it lightened my mood.

A really fun game to play:

Next time you're in a store and you're wearing open-back shoes like clogs, kick them off your feet and see how far you can make them fly down the aisle.

Doesn't this sound like a rip-roaring good time to you? Well evidently another group of preteen girls thought it was. I had to ask them to stop after they nearly hit a customer in the back with one of their flying shoes.

There isn't enough for young teens to do in this town.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

there isn't enough for any teens to do in this town, including the 18/19s from what I've heard, and am probably about to verify for myself. maybe that's why our shrink went up so much? nothing else to do

Comment

Surely it's not THAT boring in the beer state.

There's booze there!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Surely it's not THAT boring in the beer state.

There's booze there!
        They've probably developed an immunity to it early on in life.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

my fave teen shenanigans is grad time. Every year a wild pack of teens, boys and girls, run through the store yelling and whooping an screaming. One year a pack of boys ran through nekkid and our manager was positively PURPLE with anger

The rest of us? we get a kick out of it, and end up smiling the rest of our shifts after one of these occurrences.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

There isn't enough for young teens to do in this town.

Same as my town. We used to have Miniature golf. A water park, an arcade and other things that teens can go too. They all went out of business. Fucking sucks too. Cannot take a date anywhere now-a-days.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

meh i havent been a teen in 10 years, but i do understand that age. you can only do the same things so many times (movies, mini golf, arcades, etc.) before it sucks ass and not worth the money.

god i feel old.

Comment

When I was a teen, I used to stay in my room, playing music at ear bleeding volume and writing poetry. Doesn't cost a thing.

And yes, my poems actually were good. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Flatulent teenage girls!
                  Sounds like some bizarre fetish.
                  Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I had to ask them to stop after they nearly hit a customer in the back with one of their flying shoes.
                    Only AFTER they almost hit someone? I'd have asked them to stop immediately. But then, I have to qualms about being the "bad guy" when it comes to kids misbehaving in my store. Everyone else usually ignores them, but I don't hesitate to say NO RUNNING or NO SKATING, or whatever else is required.

In this case, I'd have gone to the MOD for permission to kick them out.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I went to the backroom for a couple drinks of water and to BS with the truck crew.
                      Too bad they took you at your word. Would have been good if they said "Are you sure? Can't you go back and check again???
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        When I was a teen, I used to stay in my room, playing music at ear bleeding volume and writing poetry. Doesn't cost a thing.

And yes, my poems actually were good. XD
                        Me, too. And that was 20+ years ago at that.

And I could write some fanfic that would make the edges of the paper catch on fire.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X