This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condo association and the snowfort

The thread in Off Topic about the shady homeonwners association reminded me of this.

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/01/14...s-snow-fort%2F

I guess this might be a legit complaint or might be against the assoication rules or bylaws but come on. let the kids have some fun.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Admittedly I have to side with the condo board, as it wasn't a case of simply not adhering to stupid regulations, but a safety issue. A snow for at 10 feet tall really is a problem, particularly if it starts melting. Despite what you may think, snow is heavy and when it starts melting it can go any which way.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yikes...I remember snow forts as children.

However did we survive? LOL

Actually, we were probably just lucky.

It's not like it was a bunch of kids piling up snow to make a fort.
      It looks like the father was actually taking the time to stack it and steady it.

I would think any parent that dedicated to his kids would probably make sure they weren't playing in it when it started to melt.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Yikes...I remember snow forts as children.
        Hehehehehe. I'm an EXPERT on those.

I remember when I was about 12 years old I had perfected it so good they would be five feet tall and the roof was so packed and sturdy you could easily stand on top of it without it collapsing.

That was like a tradition in my backyard.

Comment

If they say it was an insurance concern, they really didn't have a choice. When it comes to insurance companies, you absolutely do not fuck around. If you get a policy cancelled on you, especially for something like this, you can have a lot of trouble finding new coverage.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

As awesomely cool as it was- I also have to agree that it was dangerous.

Kudos to the Dad for really being a Dad, though.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
            X