This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Team Movie trailer!

It looks like they kept a lot of things from the series!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808402981/video/17565315
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! !!!!!!!!! And there's a SAfrican actor in of the leads
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to see how Quinton "Rampage" Jackson does as BA... He's not an actor, he's a MMA fighter, but he has this natural charisma that I think will translate to the screen very well.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

HOLY SHIT MURDOCK IS PLAYED BY WIKUS!
        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Oh man, I haven't gotten this excited about a movie in a long time! XD Here's to hoping it turns out as good as the trailer!

Comment

I was quite underwhelmed and annoyed by the trailer.

Too bad, because I was a big fan of the series.

Comment

I knew I should have finished that sequel years ago and tried to sell it . . .preferably before George Peppard died.

Oh well . . . Liam Neeson's not a bad choice as Hannibal Smith, though. I might take a look at it once to see how it's been remade.

While I've seen some remakes I liked (such as SWAT and the first Charlie's Angels films were not bad) others just didn't set well with me (Starsky and Hutch or The Dukes of Hazzard . . .)

But most of the other cast members in this A-Team remake I've not heard of . . . who are they and what have they appeared in before?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, at least it looks better than i expected, i'd heard they were aiming to do more of a spy show/Mission Impossible or such with it, and this, it looks like they didn't stray too far, just scaling up what they do as more than just taking on a few corrupt locals. Murdock looks great, not real taken with the rest of the crew, but we'll see.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I excited myself but was let down, I thought Liam Neeson was Michael Wincott cause I wasn't paying attention and just listening to the trailer.

Would have been nice if they got Mr T to play his old character though, guess he's just too busy playing WoW though
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

That actually looks pretty good.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Oh well . . . Liam Neeson's not a bad choice as Hannibal Smith, though.
                      I have to disagree there. George Peppard had an upbeat, almost jolly approach to the character. Liam Neeson's is creepy, almost to the point of psychotic.

And I have to admit, that's another thing that bothers me. Throughout the ENTIRE series, the casualty count in any encounter has been zero deaths, because that was a major point of the A-Team. They explicitly went out of their way to avoid additional charges tacked on (apart from resisting arrest). The trailer alone shows a higher kill count than the entire series, and no real effort to avoid casualties.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        I have to disagree there. George Peppard had an upbeat, almost jolly approach to the character. Liam Neeson's is creepy, almost to the point of psychotic.

And I have to admit, that's another thing that bothers me. Throughout the ENTIRE series, the casualty count in any encounter has been zero deaths, because that was a major point of the A-Team. They explicitly went out of their way to avoid additional charges tacked on (apart from resisting arrest). The trailer alone shows a higher kill count than the entire series, and no real effort to avoid casualties.
                        I grew up with the original series (I was 13 when it premiered on NBC back in 1982) and there was no casualty count . . .just a lot of concussions and BA waking up in yet another place because he was scared to fly so Hannibal would have to come up with yet another trick to slip the knockout drugs to him.

It will be interesting to watch this remake just once to see how many and what kind of changes were made from the original series.

Oh, BTW, I adored George Peppard. Still miss him to this day.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X