This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gizmo View Post
    I have issues with waking up in strange places anyway. And too many people have said they are hazy after GA not to think that I would be. Even the surgeon said I'd wake up "softly". That tends to freak me out. I freak out in a weird place and not only is the IV and catheter coming out damn quickly.... I've freaked during a blood draw and that tells me enough about my 'freak' instincts to get this is a potential bad idea.

I have a friend they have to use soft restraints on for when he wakes up he berserks also. I guess the trauma of waking up strapped to the bed is much less than the damage he gives and takes destroying recovery ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
      Not to go off topic but talking to a friend who is very much in fairy land.... "oh if you do suffer effects from the GA just sue the hospital....."

Umm, that won't get me back the time I'll lose rebuilding myself all over again thanks.
      It also won't get you far in court. You can't sue for predictable side effects and adverse reactions unless the provider does something negligent, grossly negligent, or that is malpractice AND you suffer permanent harm because of it.

Having a bad experience is not something you can sue over. Sorry to disappoint your friend.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        It also won't get you far in court. You can't sue for predictable side effects and adverse reactions unless the provider does something negligent, grossly negligent, or that is malpractice AND you suffer permanent harm because of it.

Having a bad experience is not something you can sue over. Sorry to disappoint your friend.
        Exactly! Well said! One of the main reasons I won't go in for it without knowing the real likelihoods is that I don't want to live my life blaming others for what could have been prevented.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          My dentist once gave me too much novocaine when he was fixing a broken tooth. The whole right side of my face sagged as if I'd had a stroke, and remained numb for hours after. It was actually kind of scary for awhile.
          I wish they'd do this to me

It's odd, when i was in my teens i had eight teeth out so my badly cramped teeth could be straightened with braces. (all 4 canines and 2 pre-molars went, one of each, on bo9th sides, top and bottom)

When i had that done i was put under sedation, i don't remember a thing, it was a lot like having a GA but it wasn't GA. Recovery was a breeze, minimal pain, jaw numb for hours and i came out of the sedation easy as pie.

In my early twenties i had to have a twisted wisdom tooth removed. This time i got given a local at the emergency dentist. Tooth came out ok but ten minutes after i left the surgery i was already in pain, the anaesthetic had worn off completely. The dentist had told me i'd be numb for at least a couple of hours.

Of course, it turned out that the twisting resulted in me getting dry socket which may have had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
          X