Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried actually deepthroating my toothbrush last night...nope. Doctors don't have a free appointment fir three weeks so I should wait until I see my dentist in four. Got some throat-numby spray for the time being and I'm still taking the antiseptic...

This is rather morbidly amusing.
    Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    I have a quarter inch inside diameter glass tube that I occasionally use as a straw that has the edges fire burnished to smoothness that I can gently poke in so it surrounds the tonsolith and as I press in, the stone sort of gets extruded into the center of the tube and I can get it out that way. I have issues gargling, it makes me throw up.
    Want. Where can I aquire such a tube?
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
      Want. Where can I aquire such a tube?
      google "reusable glass straws" This was the first that came up
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        google "reusable glass straws" This was the first that came up
        Looks like the clear wide to me, it was a gift so I don't know a brand name or where they bought it.

Works great to replace plastic as long as you wash it immediately and don't let gunk get dried inside.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I will look into getting one somehow.

Well, I think the...whatever it was...is gone now, but it wasn't a 'pop! Ahhh...' quick thing. Never found the stone; I could have swallowed it but I usually find them when I wake up in the morning. I'm wondering whether it was one as the discomfort went gradually over a few days, and it reacted to me corsodyl-ing the hell out of it. Which only raises the question: was it a mouth ulcer? Can you even get those on your tonsils? They're kind of far away from the usual cause, which is me chewing my cheek or lip...

O.o
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
            I will look into getting one somehow.

Well, I think the...whatever it was...is gone now, but it wasn't a 'pop! Ahhh...' quick thing. Never found the stone; I could have swallowed it but I usually find them when I wake up in the morning. I'm wondering whether it was one as the discomfort went gradually over a few days, and it reacted to me corsodyl-ing the hell out of it. Which only raises the question: was it a mouth ulcer? Can you even get those on your tonsils? They're kind of far away from the usual cause, which is me chewing my cheek or lip...

O.o
            Yes you can ... the old 1920s/30s treatment for chancer sores was circritization [absolutely unable to fond the damned medical term and correct spelling, bugger it all. Bad brain day.] using lugol's solution. When you ave a sensitivity to iodine, this causes more chancer sores, and more dabbing, and more sores, and more dabbing .... until she had chancer sores down her esophagus and every surface of her mouth.

Makes me thankful that this is no longer a treatment - as I get them the normal way, by accidentally biting my tongue or cheek!
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Here is a picture of one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:T...h_close_up.jpg

It looks like a tooth, don't you think?
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I had never heard of these things until I stumbled across them on Youtube a couple years ago. Soooo glad I got my tonsils out as a kid.
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  ... wow. I've never heard of them.

My tonsils were removed when I was in first grade.
                  Me either, and I still have my tonsils. I'm going to be 45 soon and just had my first ever case of tonsillitis a little over a year ago.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm 43 and still have my tonsils and have never had tonsilitis or tonsil stones, *knock wood* HOWEVER..

Last week my 67 year old mother came down with tonsilitis - but she had hers removed when she was in her 20's due to recurring infections - her Dr told her that for some reason one grew back!!! She's scheduled to have it re-removed next month.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                      I'm 43 and still have my tonsils and have never had tonsilitis or tonsil stones, *knock wood* HOWEVER..

Last week my 67 year old mother came down with tonsilitis - but she had hers removed when she was in her 20's due to recurring infections - her Dr told her that for some reason one grew back!!! She's scheduled to have it re-removed next month.
                      It happens occasionally. We don't know why.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X