This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeek, Squeek

So I am a human guinea pig for fun and profit again! I got asked to be in a study where they are checking how people react to being given the TDaP and the new Shingles vaccination. So off I went, got a vial of blood sucked out and the TDaP in my right arm and the Shingles in my left. A new thermometer and clear scale to measure any lumps, bumps or red marks that may or may not develop.

So I had Rob grab one of our viscot markers and outline where the shot sites are so I know where to look for any developments, and I have the folder with the reporting booklet, thermometer, scale and a pen sitting in the top drawer by the bed. I go in once a month for 5 months where I get a vial drawn to check the titre, a booster of each, more paperwork to fill out. So I get checked by titre immunization for a handful of diseases, a new thermometer for my small and growing collection and $150.

I wish I qualified for the post herpetic neuralgia study, that one is $1 000 ... *sigh*

I will say, Omega Laboratory is fun to do studies with, the staff are great. I just wish the phlebotomist there worked for my regular doctor...she is great at tapping a vein without missing.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Toth (Mr Seshat) has had a Shingles vacc for post-herpetic neuralgia. It's helping him.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
    X