Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUCHY OUCHY OUCHY. I've broken both my little toes more times than I can count. SOOOO not fun. the last time I did the one, I swear i broke a bone in my foot as well. this was a number of years ago, and it still hurts if you manipulate my little toe. HOpefully you heal quickly.....its SO not fun.

and doens't help whenever I do it, that my mom will say "were you waering shoes????" NO!

last time I smashed a toe was my big toe, at my mom's. She had just had hardwood floors put in her bedroom adn hall, and I didn't see the doorsill in the doorway, and BAM. OMG that freaking hurt. thankfully i think i just jammed it, but i saw stars.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
      Ok, guess what? I broke my OTHER pinky toe.

::slow clap::

I broke my middle toe once. Now it doesn't bend in the middle. On the downside, I can't pick up stuff with my foot as much, but on the upside, I can, to an extent, flip someone off with my foot.
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

The fuck?! Back in the late 70s I had steel toed sneakers, black and brown 1 inch heeled pumps, brown and black cowboy boots and the classic workboot. I got them from whatever the hell company used to send out the guys in trucks selling to entire factories and the company paid. I used to wear the sneekers when my band was playing the scummier bars. I broke a guys kneecap once that wouldn't take no for an answer.

holy shit, steel toed reeboks!
        Last edited by EricKei; 04-03-2014, 10:57 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

A pic of my toe RIGHT after I broke it, and the x-rays, if anyone knows what they're looking at and cares to see it. I'm still trying to figure out if I need to see an orthopedist or podiatrist or not. I mean, it's a pinky toe, but it's also a little displaced, which may affect whether it heals at all depending on the level of displacement, and the Urgent Care doc couldn't really tell me whether it needed further attention or not.

Comment

I was hitting a steel plate with a 15lb sledge hammer and smashed it into both of my pinky toes lol. They now tuck underneath my "ring toes" or whatever they're called because instead of going to the doc I said "what are they gonna do for a toe?!

My wife always teases my ugly feet

Comment

I can't find work boots to fit either, the smallest I can find is a mens size 6, I have to order them a couple of weeks in advance of buying, and I have to wear a pair of thick wool socks for them to fit, even in the summer.

If I could wear steel toed shoes though I know they have them available everywhere they supply for factories, in a huge variety of styles and colours. (Marks here, but I don't know what you have locally)
              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Try www.lennyshoe.com it is the website of a local to me set of stores where I have found women's small size work boots.

Comment

Update: Went to the orthopedic surgeon today. He x-rayed and said the bone callous has formed and I could go without the buddy-tape now if I want. I'm keeping it for a little while as it just feels more stable to do so.

His expert advice for the remainder of my healing process: "If it hurts, don't do it."

Thanks, doc.

Comment

Working...
                  X