This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    It can also be done with roasted soy nuts. I don't recall hearing many people being allergic to soy.
    Both my husband and I. Sorry.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Both my husband and I. Sorry.
      I don't feel so bad about being the only one now.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        It can also be done with roasted soy nuts. I don't recall hearing many people being allergic to soy.
        I've heard that soy is a very common allergen - if you look at (for example) Burger King's allergen chart for various menu items, it's one of the allergens listed. Note that soy is a legume (same family of plants as peanuts), so there may be "crossover" allergies.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

*hoards all the roasted soy nuts for herself*

Well, I don't know anybody personally who's allergic to them.

*glares warningly at Sapphire Silk* And don't you go telling me that someone you know at work that you introduced me to once upon a time is allergic to soy or your bathroom isn't getting painted!
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I knew a friend who once mentioned to me that she was the only one in the family who was NOT allergic to peanuts. So if she wanted peanut butter, she had to eat it outside!
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Small update: I returned to the same bar today, this time with my kids (not as strange as it sounds in the town I was in). I had a great time chatting with a good friend. The staff was awesome and I was able to enjoy what has to be my favorite dish that town has to offer while the boys chowed down on their burger (they split one, as it's gigantic!).
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
              X