This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning a name into a verb

Normally I don't tell stories about my students, but this one is pretty harmless, though funny.

My student comes up to me and says, "Ms. Silk, you Mr. Jones'd me today." (nb not his real name).

Me: Excuse me?

Studnet: You Mr. Jones'd me. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose. You gave me the homeless lady today. She makes me very sad and uncomfortable. He does the same thing; he finds the patient that makes me the most uncomfortable and does it to me on purpose.

Me: Well, I do make assignments to challenge students, but I've never heard anyone call it Mr. Jonseing before.

Student: Well, take it from me. We've turned his name into a verb.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Me to Student: That's because, Honey, in the Real World, you don't get to pick and choose your clients. If you wanted to do that, you should have gone to Med School instead of Nursing School.*

*Note to the Gallery: I razz SS all the time about her job and being "just" a nurse. I'm allowed, being her sister and all, and I give her bacon.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      ... and I give her bacon.
      Damn! The whole herd of pigs just up and disappeared! Retail Workhorse pleads absence.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have an ADD workmate whose forgetfulness often impacts my work. IF someone else does something similar, I laugh that they "Stoned me." Nice when you get a pun out of the verbing of someone's real name.

Comment

I once told my tow company that I needed to Argabarga a car that was parked illegally and they knew exactly what I meant.

Comment

Well my name is a killing word. So it only reasonable.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

You're Muad'dib?!?
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Whenever one of us sends an email and forgets to attach the file to go with it, we named that after our manager. "Pulling a W****" (name censored to protect the guilty).
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We have a name for someone who is *so* useless and "look at me" for any newbies trying to come into various groups we are involved with.... "nope, he'll be another X****!"
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Whenever anyone at work uses the company credit card for personal reasons we call it "pulling a K****". Named after a tech who would "accidently" use the card then "forget" to let me know so I could take it out of his paycheck.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

When I'm checking dates in the freezer sections and find the May dates in front of the April dates, that's not the Julian Calendar at all.

Ma and I now refer to that as the "Paulian Calendar"
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 02-14-2014, 11:56 PM.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X