Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I warranted to feel slighted here??

Ok, here's the situation:

I was, at one point, on a team I actually liked working with. In fact, I still sit with them daily.

However, I was rotated to another team, two floors away, working on some stuff I don't care for (while still sitting with my original team). And that team seems a little more disorganized.

The team I was on (Let's call it Team A, the team I like) had a meeting with the manager and lead for Team A. I was included in this meeting by the team lead for Team A and the manager. It was mainly to talk about some upcoming work that was "possible".

However, during this meeting I was on the other team (call it Team B).

Well, Team A had another meeting a couple of weeks ago that I was included in, too. Still emphasizing that there's work to be done, internally, Team A might be reporting to some higher ups, and/or doing work they specifically request (which would possibly be enterprise-level stuff).

Well, these "rotations" are supposed to last 3 months or so each. And I think my manager (not my Team Lead) is somewhat indifferent toward me. I can't tell for sure if he just doesn't like me, but it comes off most of the time as indifference. This is the third time I've been "considered" for a move to a different team, and when I was rotated to Team B, I got the short straw.

Anyway, I find out today from someone on Team A that they're actually getting ready to start on this project that is probably going to be enterprise-level. Which means I probably want to be a part of it, as it's high visibility, and can get me more "recognition", not to mention being a good resume item.

I don't know (and my manager isn't really confirming) how much longer I have on Team B, and I don't really know if I should ask.

I feel a little slighted by this situation. Almost like I was purposefully moved to either miss out on this work entirely, or miss some of it.

So am I actually warranted to feel slighted here? Or am I reading too much into this?
    Last edited by mjr; 10-06-2015, 08:49 PM.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I suggest you wait and see what happens next.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

They're going out of their way to include you in the meetings, by the look of it. If team A doesn't want you to stick around, they'd be moving you to the team B location and you'd be in team B meetings.

That's my read, anyway.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        They're going out of their way to include you in the meetings, by the look of it. If team A doesn't want you to stick around, they'd be moving you to the team B location and you'd be in team B meetings.

That's my read, anyway.
        I'm not really concerned with Team A not wanting me around. My concern is if I should feel slighted by my manager.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
        X