X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Baking is so completely lost on me.
    If we manage to move down there I promise to teach you how to bake. Not cake decorating, I suck ass at that, but I love to bake, especially bread. mmmmm fresh hot bread with butter ... we need a drooly smile
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Jester, baking is math and chemistry.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Yep. E=mc(kitchen covered in kaboom)².
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          If we manage to move down there I promise to teach you how to bake.
          I think you misunderstand me. I know HOW to bake, I understand the concept, and I could actually bake if I had the desire. But I have neither the patience nor the inherent WANT to do so. See below.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I have often said that cooking is an art and baking is a science. I just don't have the patience to be as precise and exacting as one needs to be with baking. It's not that I can't...I certainly can. I just don't CARE. See, I love the creative process of cooking, the fact that I can try this, that, and maybe a dash of that, and let's eliminate that....not so easy to do with baking. And thus, I cook, and don't bake.

It's all good. I'm happy with the status quo on this one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I think you misunderstand me. I know HOW to bake, I understand the concept, and I could actually bake if I had the desire. But I have neither the patience nor the inherent WANT to do so. See below.

Sug, for years I used this cup, a mixing bowl, a bread tin and an oven to make bread:

3 cups flour, 1 cup water, half palm of yeast, tiny palm of salt and a blorp of olive oil. And you can do without a cup in a pinch. All you need to understand is the texture of the bread dough at certain points. In an absolute pinch I can make bread using a baking sheet and an oven, working from starting with nothing more than a mound of flour with a dash of salt and the yeast.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yes, that's bread. But you and I both know that there is more to baking than bread, and a lot of it requires precision and patience....neither of which I was ever really blessed with.

On the upside, my favorite Sous Chef (my niece who I just went to Texas to watch graduate high school) can bake just about anything, from scratch, without a recipe. She's a great cook AND a great baker. And she was stoked to find out that, when I die, she inherits all my recipes, including the secret ones. (Yes, that means the chili recipe as well.) Though she did tell me not to advertise that, as she was worried she might have to fear for her life.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X