Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I'm losing it (good thought/prayers please for me and my friends and family)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm losing it (good thought/prayers please for me and my friends and family)

Most of this started all coming down a few weeks ago just after Mother's Day. On Mother's Day itself, a sweet friend of mine announced she was having a baby. That was a Sunday, of course. By Wendesday, the baby was lost to a miscarriage. Watching their grief has just been heartbreaking.

The next day, I learned that a friend of mine's little sister had died. She was an adult now, but I knew her when she was a little girl. It's surreal to know that she's gone now. My poor friend has enough stress in his life and a pregnant wife on top of it all and is now dealing with this blow at the same time.

The next day, my husband was nearly hit by a truck on his bike. Thankfully, he got out with only a few scrapes. The thing is, after being run off the road myself on my bicycle, I'm terrified to ride it. Absolute panic inducing fear. It scares me when he goes out to ride, but I don't want to make him feel like I expect him not to because of my fears. They're mine, not his after all. When he came home dirty and scraped up telling about the idiot who blew through the stop sign, it was like all of my worst fears of him riding came so close to reality. He's pretty unphazed, but I'm a mess.

My timeframe gets a little shaky on things, but somewhere in there, my grandfather was rushed to the hospital. He's better now, but they never figured out what happened. A brain seizure or a mild stroke are on the short list of possibilities. I'm pretty furious that they didn't figure it out considering it took several days to get him an MRI.

My grandmother had to have foot surgery. A bone was trying to protrude out of the side of her foot so they had to break it and reset it. She's ok. Nothing life threatening, but she's going totally stir crazy. She's the person who does everything for everybody and never sits still. It's driving her nuts.

My bouts of crazy depression are better than they were, but not gone. I had a really bad episode a little over a week ago where I got it in my head that I'm fat - well, I'm used to my own self doubt. I got it in my head that my husband thought I was fat. He doesn't. He loves that I'm not thin and have curves to me. BUT I got it in my head he does. I freaked out. I didn't want him to look at me. I was totally ashamed of my body and angry at him. This happened one evening. Then I refused to eat until he finally talked me into eating something the following evening. With hypoglycemia, that long without food is bad news. Looking back, I'm going "Who WAS that???" I don't starve myself. I start thinking I'm overweight and I go walking and re-evaluating portion sizes. I sure as HELL don't do that to myself for anybody. It's really freaky to look back and not even recognize the person who did these things.

My mom was in a car accident exactly a week ago. The person who rear-ended her didn't even slow down before plowing into her back bumper. She was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. She's in a neck brace with a very painful neck sprain and back spasms.

After a loooong time on the market with no luck, my mom's house finally sold. That's a huge relief, but um, she just had an accident. She's in a neck brace. She has to move out in 3 weeks. I'm nowhere near her and not able to help. Thankfully, my brother is there and her brother is there. She also has a large contingent of friends ready to help her including one that just announced she was showing up to pack the day after the house sold. It sounds like things are covered. I'm just stressing about it.

Minutes apart from learning my mom's house sold on Saturday, I learned that my friends' 16 month old baby died. The baby was fighting for his life all Friday night and through Saturday morning. By early Saturday afternoon, he was gone. You can pray and pray for a miracle, but in the end the doctors couldn't save him. This is particularly hitting me hard right now, a large part of that being it's the most recent loss. These sweet friends had already been through a miscarriage and one stillborn child. This is their third one to lose, but this time after getting to be with him for more than a year. It's not fucking fair. None of this stuff is fair. This just seems so especially wrong. She's also expecting another baby in a few weeks. In her shoes, I'd be scared out of my mind.

Work has been particularly stressful lately. I don't want to get into all of the details, but it's been just been absolutely maddening.

Finally today, we learned that there is a chance our landlord might be selling the condo we're renting. We've moved every damn year and we're finally in a place we absolutely love. I don't want to move again. I'm upset and angry that there's even a chance. The landlord hasn't made his decision yet, but in the end we have to respect that it's his property. Before anyone goes there, no, buying it from him isn't an option for us.

So yeah, this is how the Cookie crumbles...

The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

*Massive hugs and many yummies* That is a megaton of suck, I'm so sorry! *Even more hugs* Praying for you and yours, that's just... wow
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

OMG, Cookie, I'm amazed you are still standing at all!!

Lots and lots of Also lots and lots of prayers and good thoughts going your way.

Comment

Big hugs and lots of good wishes to you. That's an awful lot of suck to deal with! Hoping it gets better SOON! Like NOW!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's a hell of a load to bear! /hugs
          Deep breaths, make sure to eat and try to get plenty of sleep. Sleep deprivation will only make things worse.

Comment

*hauls in the giant moose* Here hug this. He is wonderful when you are hurting. I am so sorry you and your family and friends are going through so much.

Many Many Hugs
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Man, that's rough. I hope things start getting brighter for you really soon.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Comment

Shit. Just plain shit. Hugs for you, loads of chocolate, and good sleeps. You need it.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

*hugs* Wish I had something to add that had not already been said.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*offers hugs and snuggly quilts*
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm keeping you in my positive thoughts. I really hope things get better for you -offers online hugs and food-

Comment

<big huggles to cookie> life sucks, always pours when it rains and all that schmuck. I'll be keeping you in my prayers hun. If you need anything, lemme know.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

That is way too much to have happen at once. I too add my well wishes to the pile.

I hope things get better for you very soon.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Earlier today I learned that it's official. The landlord is trying to sell the place.

Then I called my grandma to talk about it and learned that my great grandma took a turn for the worse and the doctors have warned to be prepared. We might lose her.

I called my dad to talk about it and apparently the way I'm feeling about things is wrong and I somehow need to "turn it off". This isn't even like him. I haven't yelled at my dad like that in a long time.
                            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Lots of suck at once for you *hugs* I am sorry
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X