This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raw456 View Post
    The guy who did them filmed them and then added your favourite songs over the footage for you.
    Pretty much what they did at Spaceland.

Well, kind of. They give you a list, and tell you they have far more, as they have megs of songs.

My choice for the prep portion was a no-brainer: Wake Me Up by Evanescence. I WANTED Alive by Pearl Jam for the actual jump, but I guess they didn't have it, as they went for my alternative (which was on their list), Free Fallin by Tom Petty. Should have done something else, but I can't complain. Already watched the video several times.

What's funny is Dragon had lots of songs she wanted, but she too ended up with defaults they had on their list, including Free Fallin for the jump. Which was funny and more appropriate for her because, right as the video is showing her jumping out of the plane, the song hits the lyrics, "She's a good girl...loves her mother...."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
      Cant wait to see the video
      Having issues with the video. And it goes beyond just what I wanted to do here.

If nothing else, my niece and I wanted to exchange our videos, so that we each could show people both of them.

I can't send the mpg file to her via email because it's too large a file.

Photobucket won't upload it because it detects a copyright, apparently put there by the skydive company. But it is our property, we paid for it....so does anyone have any bright ideas wherein we could, at the very least, exchange videos, and preferably, be able to share both videos with other people? I am not all that technologically proficient, and open to ideas.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Having issues with the video. And it goes beyond just what I wanted to do here.

If nothing else, my niece and I wanted to exchange our videos, so that we each could show people both of them.

I can't send the mpg file to her via email because it's too large a file.

Photobucket won't upload it because it detects a copyright, apparently put there by the skydive company. But it is our property, we paid for it....so does anyone have any bright ideas wherein we could, at the very least, exchange videos, and preferably, be able to share both videos with other people? I am not all that technologically proficient, and open to ideas.
        Dropbox? You can put it in its own folders and open them to people. Unless you do something silly like me and have the pro pay form, it is free. Just warn people DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING FROM THE FOLDER IN THEIR COMPUTER BECAUSE IT DELETES EVERYBODIES ... [or do what I do and just stash a duplicate in the dropbox until everybody has a chance to make a copy then remove access to that folder for other people.]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ha, wooow I love those pics! Looks like it was a blast, jester!

Although, me no likely the looking down pics. Made my spine go all crinkly. ><
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

AD, what is Dropbox? You lost me.

Good news: I WAS able to figure out a way to send the video to my niece (had to use an outside site that sends really large files), and am awaiting her to return the favor.

Bad news: Can't think of how I'll be able to post the video here. Keep in mind, my plan was to not post the link directly, but to offer the link to anyone who PM'd me, since recent events in this site told me I may not want everyone seeing my stuff. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.)

Seraph, looking down was one of the best parts. Hell, I was doing it enough that not once, but TWICE, my instructor had to pull my head back into the correct position. That's on the video, but I didn't post those pictures.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              AD, what is Dropbox? You lost me.

:
              Dropbox.com, sort of an offsite file site. The free accounts are something like 2 gb to start and 500 mg per referral or something like that. I have the pro 50 one.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ah. Didn't want to pay for anything, since I don't expect to be sending a file of this size again in the immediate or even distant future (this was the first time I've done it ever), and I found www.dropsend.com, which allows a few free sendings of such files before they insist on you signing up. Worked great for me! And was very easy, too....if I was going to be sending a bunch of large files for work or personal use, I think I would use this site. Just saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Damn, those are fantastic pics! When I was younger I would have had the nerve to try something like that....maybe...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat, what's stopping you now? And how old are you? For the record, I am 42 (going on 12), and a guy who jumped with us, for his first time, who shared my birthday, was 47.

Let me give you the Emasculation List that I've been providing all my male friends who say they would Never Jump:

"My 18 year old 5'1" 100 lb. niece just jumped without a problem.
                    My 4'11" 100 lb. little sister can't wait to jump.
                    My 4'11" 120 lb. female friend can't wait to jump.
                    My 80 year old stepfather is half-convinced.

What's YOUR excuse?"

No, this is not a reason for people to jump, it is merely one friend giving other friends shit about their refusal to do something. And several of my friends are basically telling me to go suck it, they don't care, they're not jumping.

But it is something to think about. More to the point, as the guys at the skydive place said, "Once you've jumped out of an airplane, how will anything else ever scare you?"

Just a thought.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      And several of my friends are basically telling me to go suck it, they don't care, they're not jumping.
                      That would be me. I have acrophobia, and while I don't mind flying in a plane, I ain't jumpin' out of one for fun. Life or death situation is another matter.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        MoonCat, what's stopping you now? And how old are you? For the record, I am 42 (going on 12), and a guy who jumped with us, for his first time, who shared my birthday, was 47.

Let me give you the Emasculation List that I've been providing all my male friends who say they would Never Jump:

"My 18 year old 5'1" 100 lb. niece just jumped without a problem.
                        My 4'11" 100 lb. little sister can't wait to jump.
                        My 4'11" 120 lb. female friend can't wait to jump.
                        My 80 year old stepfather is half-convinced.

What's YOUR excuse?"

No, this is not a reason for people to jump, it is merely one friend giving other friends shit about their refusal to do something. And several of my friends are basically telling me to go suck it, they don't care, they're not jumping.

But it is something to think about. More to the point, as the guys at the skydive place said, "Once you've jumped out of an airplane, how will anything else ever scare you?"

Just a thought.
                        Jester, I am 55 (although I'm told I don't look it). And I weigh more than 100 lbs. (ain't sayin' how much more, since I am working on that). And I have arthritis issues. OK, yeah, maybe for some people even all of that's not a good enough reason. Lastly, I'm too f**kin' scared. Doesn't bother me. There are plenty of other things I can do for excitement.

Comment

Age, not an issue.
                          Weight, not an issue.
                          Arthritis, probably not an issue. (Hardly an expert on that though.)
                          Too fucking scared...that's an issue. But at least you admit it. The shit I've been giving my male friends is because they're male and they're my friends, so I am allowed to point out how much they've been emasculated by my tiny niece. It's nothing against anyone else, and I know damn well that a lot of people have zero desire to do this shit. I have no issue with that. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to have fun at my friends' expense, or that of others.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I am rarely afraid to admit to...being afraid of something.

Seriously, just for the hell of it, I looked up skydiving for my local area just to see if anybody even does it. And now I have another reason. Too freakin' expensive, for me at least. Meh, who knows? I might even do it someday. Lemme get back down to my pre-laziness weight first, though (which I need to do anyway). It would be awesome up there, I admit.

Comment

No, skydiving is not cheap. And that first jump is made even more expensive because, let's face it, you kinda have to get that video. How could you not?

But is it FUN? Oh, HELL YES!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X