This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have done the deed....again. The right way, this time

So, I left another job. But I had another job to go to. The salient point is this: I'm no longer in a call center. Instead, I'm working in retail. At a warehouse store.

Now I know we have many people working in retail on this board and I know that many will think I made a bad move. I'll provide this as evidence instead: my first day on the job, they had me selling food for a charity and I felt as though I've done more good there than any one day doing tech support for <redacted>. Not only that, the General Manager was there grilling and I felt more comfortable talking to him than my direct supervisor of before.

On the surface, it seems better. I have to go to work in a few hours but I don't dread it. The customers I've spoken to have been very nice and management very supportive. However, every time I've said "I'll never need another job again!!" it came back to bite me in the ass. So I'll end with thi:

I am content.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

I don't think anybody would consider you have made a "bad" move, Nurian. The important thing is how you like your new job, not what area the job is in (e.g. retail versus tech support).

Unless people work in a truly hideous setting (and some here do), retail can be a good place to work. Sure you get some SCs but the only way to avoid them is to find a job that doesn't involve dealing with other people at all. (If anybody finds one of those -- let me know! )

Congratulations on your move, and good to hear you actually look forward to going into work now!

Comment

Congrats. The fact you feel more comfortable says the world. As long as a job meets your basic monetary/insurance/etc. needs enough not to stress you out, and the job itself is less stress, how can it be wrong?

There are all types of jobs out there, and not all jobs suit all people the same. Not to mention, even in a specific type of job, there are both good & bad jobs. Sometimes how you like a job has much more to do with the atmosphere than the job itself.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

From a call center to retail is like jumping from fire into a frying pan. It may not be good, but it's a step up!

Comment

Working...
        X