This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eff My Effing Car!

Yeah, remember the breaks and rotors and gas tank and fuel pump? Well, going to and coming home from work today, I kept stalling every time I came to a stop, so I had to time myself to hit the green lights and had to roll through stop signs. Car starts fine, it just dies on idling. THEN the check engine light came on. I'm hoping it's an air filter thing and not fuel injector or electrical.

I hate you car. I feed you and love you and give you baths and nice gas additives and you F*CK WITH ME! Soon, it will be the scrap yard for you!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Hopefully it's a quick, easy, & cheap repair. I'm by no means a mechanic, but another possibility might be an EGR valve. I've gone through 2 of them on my previous truck. It would run OK when it was going, but idling was a miserable experience, having one foot on the brake & one on the gas to keep it revved up enough so it wouldn't die. Not too bad of a repair, if I recall correctly, and I even had it done at a dealership, so there should be affordable places to have it done, if that's the problem.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Did they change the fuel filter? With the work they did they may have loosened up some gunk and sent it through the lines.

Comment

Two foot it and give give it a bit of gas when you come to a stop so the engine doesn't drop to idle and die. Much safer than going through stops.

Also, how full is your gas tank? I had a car that had crap in the tank, and if it had a couple of gallons or less, it would stall on idle. If you're gas is low, fill it up; if the stalling doesn't happen, you have your culprit.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I put in a half tank. Same problem. Then today, no problem. Brought it to the mechanic and we realized that yesterday it was raining. The car has always been rougher in the rain. He bet me it would be the wires. It was, 2 were worn and arcing causing 2 pistons to misfire. Got it taken care of. Still, was money I didn't want to or had to spend.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Ouch. At least it is taken care of for now. Hope things look up for you soon.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
            X