This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh crap ... >.<

So the moving company was going to send a couple of the actual movers over to check out how much stuff I have. For whatever reason, they didn't come, but the 'Moving Manager' did. She's looking around going, "You might have a bit too much for the truck ..."

This is not something I need to hear a week before my move date! I said OK, how much stuff do I need to get rid of? I can't afford to find out Thursday, when they come to empty out the apartment, that my stuff won't all fit in the truck. I must leave after they empty my apartment as the movers will be at mom's house the next day and I have to be there to let them in.

She just waved a hand vaguely at my living room area and said, "Well, the truck [a cube van] is about the size of your area there."

Lady, that's not much help. I'm not the professional mover, you are -- supposedly, anyway. If I need to dispose of stuff, or store it elsewhere, I need to know now. Unless you want to reschedule for when you can find a bigger truck.

So I stewed about it for a couple of hours and then phone and left a message. No response (last time I left a message she'd returned my call well after normal business hours). So I've just now called again and left a more specific message (e.g. "X, I have to know whether I need to reduce the load. I have to know now. I can't leave it until Thursday.")
Working...
X