This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    I'm amazed in all my years of dealing with the motoring public, I've never once run across one of the sovcit/OCPL crowd, seeing as they treat traffic violations as right up there with War Crimes.

Hey Roscoe? Remember General Geoff? What are the odds he's gone full sovcit these days? I mean, he tired to sell us all on that "There's no such thing as income tax!" conspiracy theory back in the day......
    Yea I still see posts from him on PAFOA (pa gun ownrs) forum.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
      A friend of my youngest daughter got an iPhone 7 and it didn't have a head phone jack. Someone told her of a youseTube video that says the jack is really there just under the casing and all you had to do was drill a hole in a specific spot. Well her and her boyfriend did and well, they found out the hard way not to believe everything on youseTude.
      Ouch, that's a nasty troll! The sovcit stuff is basically magical thinking, on a par with the "lemon juice bandit" (he thought putting lemon juice on his face would make him invisible to video cameras). Magical thinking is one of the basic faults in the human wetware, and current social conditions are encouraging it.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
        In South Dakota, that law is 32-12-39.
        Knew the guy was full of it.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          Storming out stating you won because you announced the charges were dismissed even though the judge told you your argument failed (seriously happened) only results in a warrant for your arrest.
          Wait...how is this supposed to work? The guy pronounces to the judge that the charges against himself are dismissed?

Guy: "I dismiss the charges against myself!"

That's confusing to me. How's that supposed to work??

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
          he thought putting lemon juice on his face would make him invisible to video cameras
          Wait...what? This I gotta hear...
          Last edited by EricKei; 04-28-2018, 12:42 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr
            Wait...what? This I gotta hear...
            Here you go....

https://www.thecut.com/2016/07/the-i...-ignorant.html
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

So because lemon juice is used in "invisible ink", he thought it would make his face invisible to cameras...

Wouldn't looking in the mirror kinda dispel that? I mean, if you can see your face in the mirror, wouldn't you think that the teller could see you?

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                How's that supposed to work??
                Maybe like arguing with Bugs Bunny. Maybe like this: https://youtu.be/VPk7cpiMgbM?t=2m51s

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Wait...how is this supposed to work? The guy pronounces to the judge that the charges against himself are dismissed?

Guy: "I dismiss the charges against myself!"

That's confusing to me. How's that supposed to work??
                  I suggest reading up a little bit on the case I linked - essentially they argue that the charges are dismissed because there's something in the courtroom that renders the entire trial invalid. (which range from the "Flag is fringed" through to "I was not tried by my peers")

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                    I suggest reading up a little bit on the case I linked - essentially they argue that the charges are dismissed because there's something in the courtroom that renders the entire trial invalid. (which range from the "Flag is fringed" through to "I was not tried by my peers")
                    I'm only a little way into that...wow.

Someone's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      I'm only a little way into that...wow.

Someone's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!
                      Yeah, like I said... magical thinking. They may think they know the magic words, but they certainly don't know the tune.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                        Yeah, like I said... magical thinking. They may think they know the magic words, but they certainly don't know the tune.
                        I'm wondering where these people come up with this stuff...

Especially the corporation/person thing, and the thing with the punctuation in names.

Wow.

Still not sure I get the difference in these "Sovereign Citizen" things between a "person" and an "individual".
                        Last edited by EricKei; 04-28-2018, 12:43 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth mjr
                          Still not sure I get the difference in these "Sovereign Citizen" things between a "person" and an "individual".
                          I think it means whatever they want it to mean in a given situation to try and weasel out of whatever stupidity they are being called on.
                          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mjr
                            It's all part of a semantics game. Because a law pertains to driving they claim to be "traveling." Because the law pertains to "persons" they claim to be "individuals." They basically mix and redefine terms as a way to claim they are not subject to the law because of it. They also have a mistaken belief that they can avoid the law because it is a contract and by not being in court in person means they are not bound by that contract. It is some seriously messed up logic.

This is also where you will see them try to define what jurisdiction a court/law officer actually has based on very bs reasons.

The reality of it is, the "gurus" that teach these tactics are just throwing out a lot of confusing legal language making it very difficult to deal with them and delaying the trial needlessly.

The document linked by LadyofArc earlier in this thread mentions that many who ascribe to this movement teach that judges and other officials don't have a true command of the language and that their poor grammar/command of the language can be used against them to argue your way out of whatever it is you want to argue out of.
                            Last edited by EricKei; 04-28-2018, 12:43 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                              It's all part of a semantics game. Because a law pertains to driving they claim to be "traveling." Because the law pertains to "persons" they claim to be "individuals." They basically mix and redefine terms as a way to claim they are not subject to the law because of it. They also have a mistaken belief that they can avoid the law because it is a contract and by not being in court in person means they are not bound by that contract. It is some seriously messed up logic.

This is also where you will see them try to define what jurisdiction a court/law officer actually has based on very bs reasons.

The reality of it is, the "gurus" that teach these tactics are just throwing out a lot of confusing legal language making it very difficult to deal with them and delaying the trial needlessly.
                              That makes sense, so where does the punctuation in names come from? I get that some people legitimately will sometimes have punctuation in their names (a hyphenated first or last name, for instance), but I don't get the colon in names. Because from what I've seen that's a common tactic, too.

So if someone's name is Thomas John Smith (as an example), they will often have documents with Thomas-John: Smith

Is that some legal thing, too? I don't even know where that would come from. These folks seem like a bunch of loons, and I can't believe that since this technique has apparently never, ever succeeded, why people keep trying it.

Quoth Chanlin
                              The document linked by LadyofArc earlier in this thread mentions that many who ascribe to this movement teach that judges and other officials don't have a true command of the language and that their poor grammar/command of the language can be used against them to argue your way out of whatever it is you want to argue out of.
                              I'm actually sort of reading through that right now. Lengthy document, but very informative.
                              Last edited by mjr; 04-27-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if said document LadyofArc linked mentions that or not. Found this: https://www.vox.com/2016/2/9/1094286...izens-movement

TLDR: They believe that spelling it as Mr. Chanlin Lastname is different than MR CHANLIN LASTNAME or mr chanlin lastname. Adding the punctuation changes the legally binding nature of the name and other such bs.

There is some seriously cuckoo conspiracy theory stuff involved too.

A snip from that article as well:
                                Punctuation is crucial.
                                "gary-dean" is the Christian name
                                ":darby" is pronounced "of the family darby"
                                All lower case letters is supposed to represent the flesh and blood self (rather that the corporate trust self).
                                Last edited by Chanlin; 04-27-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X