This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope For the Future

A week ago I had a woman and her daughter come to the fitting rooms.

Our fitting rooms have a strict limit of six items. Parents using the fitting room with their children is not unusual but I still observe the six item rule very closely, meaning that each person can take three items, or however they want to divide the ratio.

Me: How many items?
    Woman: I have four outfits.

The "outfits" included a couple bikini bottoms and bikini tops. Because these particular items were individually priced and displayed on separate hangers, they counted as one item each. The items she was bringing in, plus these tops and bottoms actually came up to about eight items, plus what her daughter wanted to try on. When I pointed this out to her, she tried arguing.

"But these are part of the same outfit. Are you seriously telling me you won't count it as one item?"

"Yes, miss," I said. "I'm sorry but I have to follow the policy."

She relented but not without a lot of fuming.

She and her daughter went in with the appropriate number of items and she just had her daughter come out to the shopping cart and swap out older items for new ones. A number of times the mother tried to add to the amount she all ready had in the fitting rooms and to my surprise, the daughter was keeping actual count and reminding her mother when she was going over six items.

I was keeping an eye on things but since I couldn't actually go into the fitting room, it was nice to know that the younger of the two understood that the rules weren't changing that day.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Still, it's pretty pathetic when the KID has to keep the PARENT in line.

But yes, definitely hope for the future.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
      "But these are part of the same outfit. Are you seriously telling me you won't count it as one item?"
      "Seriously, can you see two price tags? Seriously, are you telling me you can't count to two?"

Idiot. Potential thief. At some places the attendants physically take your items, count them, and hand you a number, there is no debating the issue.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
      X