This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
    So I think I'll have a nice relaxing day today unfortunately my partner comes home from work with a migraine and ear pain so bad that the naxprocin he's on for back pain wasn't even touching it and he was in tears. So I ended up calling NHS direct and sorting out an emergency appointment and he got antibiotics and triptans to help.
    So ended up back at the Doctors as partner still is having migraine issues, Doc thinks because he hasn't been sleeping well it's causing migraines which in turn make him not sleep well....

So she gave him some sedatives to help him sleep and told him to talk all the painkillers at the same time and hopefully that will help break the cycle.

He took them earlier and was crashed out last time I checked
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• I get headaches that are similar to cluster headaches. It feels like someone has jammed a large blunt object into my eyehole. I find that taking all the meds (haha--thinking of all the Allie Brosh memes) helps me also. I take tylenol or ibuprofen, my opiate, and a muscle relaxer. That will knock me out.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
        So she gave him some sedatives to help him sleep and told him to talk all the painkillers at the same time and hopefully that will help break the cycle.

He took them earlier and was crashed out last time I checked
        Okay so that didn't work, today I took him to the Doc's and ended up at the hospital as the doctor wants more investigation done.

Comment

• Poor guy. I hate when pain robs me of sleep.

Comment

• (offers Seanette a glass of chilled cranberry juice)

You are not a failure. You have merely had a setback. It happens to many people. It may take some time, but you will find that good, non-retail job.

Take care of yourself, we're all cheering you on.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Well, four months later, I'm working in a call center. Yippee.

It IS full-time, and it's apparently quite difficult to get fired, judging by some of the co-irkers.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• I've been carrying a near-limit balance on my primary credit card for TEN YEARS. 2/3 of that cumulative debt is not mine, it was racked up by mom when my grandparents were still alive and we were trying to keep them in the house (at that time she was not named as a user so I'm not completely sure how she managed to use the card). I don't really care about the accumulated total anymore, I just want to zero out what's currently there. I NEED to as this is impacting my ability to find useful employment so I can pay off my student loans, and I know mom knows this. I now wish she had originally cosigned on the card, maybe that would emphasize how important it is.

Mom, you may have been trying to 'protect me' from something, but it blew up in both of our faces big time (and you got out of the blast radius by declaring bankruptcy...which I could not and cannot do). If you want me to land a decent job, this debt will need to be paid off and I cannot do it myself.
                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-27-2016, 05:28 PM.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• So to add to my other health issues I am now a person who has terrible headaches. My whole life before the beginning of this summer I could've counted on one hand the number of headaches I'd ever had, even slight ones. Well, that year after my first concussion doesn't count. But generally I never have them.
                  And suddenly I'm having--every few weeks--episodes of aches on the right side of my head with the feeling of someone having jammed a big blunt object behind my eyeball. They last 3 hours even if I take an opiate. I had one Friday and then Sunday. I had one in June and I think one or two in between then and this weekend. I don't have all the symptoms of migraine. My symptoms fit cluster headache more closely, but I know those are rare and even more rare for women.
                  If that's what they are, I'm like Are you kidding me?? So on top of the host of scoliosis symptoms that mimic so many other diseases, and the carpal tunnel, now I have a fairly rare headache disorder that 1% of the population suffers? Why does my body hate me so much??

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    And suddenly I'm having--every few weeks--episodes of aches on the right side of my head with the feeling of someone having jammed a big blunt object behind my eyeball. They last 3 hours even if I take an opiate. I had one Friday and then Sunday. I had one in June and I think one or two in between then and this weekend. I don't have all the symptoms of migraine. My symptoms fit cluster headache more closely, but I know those are rare and even more rare for women.
                    Go see a doctor. Soon. Sudden, new, unexplained severe headaches can sometimes be an indicator of something... um... bad.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• If it comes on very suddenly, yes. Mine do come on gradually. I described it to my RN friend and she wasn't alarmed enough to say I should go in. (She triages me for free, bless her.) But thank you. I am going to see my doc anyway, next week. I want an actual diagnosis so I can get proper meds.

Comment

• Grrr

Annoyed at Amazon, Audible and my bank. My sisters partner bought something for himself (which I was buying for him) which I gave him my card and he used, he was going to delete it but had a fit and didn't realise that he hadn't.

Now this card went out of date in July, so no problem if a payment is taken from it it would get rejected right....well if it is a subscription company according to my bank that's a perfectly fine option here's your money.

So because the valid card on my sister's partners account bounced, it skipped her other card which has funds and picked my out of date one. So now I have to wait 7-10 working days to get the money refunded back into my account.

Comment

Working...
                        X