This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Wrong? *WARNING: LONG*

Ok I have a kind of conundrum & I need advice..First off, for those who don't know, I'm an avid Farmville player, I visit my farms multiple times daily, I buy Farmcash on occasion & also purchase Early Access for pretty much every new farm they release so yah, I spend a lot of quality time on Farmville. Anywho,for the past 4 weeks the mods over at Zynga's Farmville forums have been running some contests for the players to have a chance to win items to use in game (gas refills, Turbos, Instant Grows etc) & also 100 Farmcash (which for someone who entertainment budget is extremely limited is like winning the lottery) Now, they have 2 different contests running at the same time, one is a Farmville Guess The Item contest where every day of the week ( Mon - Fri) the mod posts a different clue that you use to try to guess what the item is, everyone who participates gets a 3 guess a day & a max. of 15 total guesses. The other contest is split into 3 categories Fanatics, Hobbyists & Greenhorns, for that part of the contest you have to pick ONE category & only one to post in & has different questions for each category. The prizes for this is also in game items & 100 Farmcash

Now ( I'm getting to the point of this post & I promise I have one
    .Last Monday they posted a new Fanatics Contest (here is the link to the thread in question so you can the question & the players' answers, including mine, I'm HarrisGirl2010 (which btw was correct) Link Here

Last night/early this morning, the mod running this whole shebang posted the winners' list & someone who posted 6 hrs after everyone got the 100 FC (the player with the username Mymeany..Needless to say, I was very upset because I was counting on that FC to buy early access to the newest farm & still have some left over for trees & whatnot. Soo, I sent a PM to the mod who is in charge, now I wasn't nasty or anything, I simply asked for clarification concerning if our answers have to be phrased a certain way. As you'll see, everyone got the answer correct, but we all phrased it differently.

So, my question is, am I wrong here? maybe I'm being petty, but this is BULLSHIT! no where in the rules & trust me I checked, does it say that it has to be phrased just exactly so. So, someone who meanders in 6 hrs after those who answered the question correctly first gets the grand prize & everyone else who answered right gets thrown bones?? it feels like an afterthought. I haven't gotten an answer from the mod yet & well I'm sure as shit not gonna hold my breath that those first in line will get any consolation prizes but hell ya never know right?

Jesus! I didn't mean to write a friggin' novel here..sorry guys
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    83.33%
    Maybe
    16.67%
    Hell Yes. Build a bridge & get over it
    0.00%
    Last edited by CorneliaMarieRocks; 04-14-2014, 11:34 PM. Reason: fixed hyperlink wrong contest
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Well, based on the rules, they are picking randomly from everyone who got it right so I'd say they didn't do anything wrong.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

First off, let me say thank you to Eric for fixing the link, I didn't think to check that it was working before I posted

moving on...I failed to mention that it was the Fanatics category of the contest that I'm questioning, not the Guess The Item, I went back & edited that part for clarity. As the thread in question shows, my answer was Food Wagon Decoration& according to the winners list, the answer SHOULD have been Food Wagon (Deco)& that's what I take issue with, I answered the question first ( I was sitting at the computer waiting for the new threads to be posted so I answered within 6 mins of it being posted, the only thing I did differently is that I spelled out decoration I guess?!? What does it matter? the answer's still the same

still haven't heard back from the mod, geez these people have lives1? how dare they?? FFS ditch your family & friends & get the hell back on the computer!

KIDDING!!

Comment

Yea, that's kinda ridiculous. Definitely the right answer, just spelled out an abbreviation.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Let the record show I meant to hit no and accidentally clicked maybe lol. I definitely think that that, if they didn't say to word your answer a certain way, then it should have been a first person to answer correctly is the first person to win sort of situation.

Comment

Followed the fixed link, and it went to "guess the item". I believe this is the link you meant.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

yeah that's what I meant to post, oops sorry 'bout that

wanna know what the really shitty thing is? I already posted my answer for the new contests so if last week's clusterfuck is anything to go by, that means I'm screwed this week too

I want 100 FC dammit!

http://www.zyngaplayerforums.com/sho...rivia-FANATICS

Comment

I used to play FarmVille 1, but now I play FarmVille 2, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

I may be able to help you if you also play FarmVille 2, though.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                X