This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that happened today...

OK, I was working the pallets of soil and mulch with the forklift this morning. As I was working I noticed a car parked where no cars park and a guy sitting in it just watching me.......all morning.

I sat one pallet aside because I needed to clean up that spot but when I went to get the trashcan it was full. So I went to the back to empty it, but found the trash compactor full of trash and about a dozen bags just dropped in front of it. I soon discovered that someone had tossed in some wood from a broken pallet and jammed it up. Everyone else just kept throwing in their trash or dropping it on the floor and walking off.

I do not do that.

A little poking and prodding with a long 2x4 revealed that the boards were acting as a shelf and keeping everything from dropping into the compactor. And an hour latter I finally got the last of it to drop in boards and all and could now get rid of all the trash.

BTW, maintenance does not get paid enough for dealing with this stuff everyday, especially the day-old rotisserie chickens.

About this time they started paging me back to Garden Center, but since someone borrowed my radio for one night, FOUR MONTHS AGO, I could not respond and could not get away at that moment. But once I got free, I walked all the way back to Garden Center to see what they needed and it was the guy who was watching me before. He would not tell the DM what he wanted or the other girl out there, only "the guy on the forklift". And he would not even talk while they were watching. So finally I got him to talk and he wanted to tell me that I had left a pallet set aside out by the soils........and then gave me a paper with biblical quotes on it and left.

Sooooooooo I finish with the trash and quickly move that pallet to prevent the End Times from happening and spend the rest of the day confused and creeped out.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

OK my brain go sploody
    BSOD
    FIZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    run smoke.exe to counteract flames shooting out of my ears
    negative reaction
    TOTAL LOSS
    need new brain please
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Maybe he was recruiting for the rapture
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's disturbing.

Comment

.... eh qua? I am at a loss on that one but if you see him again id be calling someone.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
            .and then gave me a paper with biblical quotes on it and left.

Should have put your hands in your pockets and refused to take it.

Possibly mention in passing that if he keeps stalking you that you'll have to call the police.

Comment

I have to admit, that was not where I thought the story was going. I was thinking, at first, that the guy was going to steal the stuff you left. That, though...I'm not sure there are words for that, aside from what you put as the title of the thread, OP. Wow.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
              X