This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can wait 2 minutes.

I was covering cafe person's break today when I had two orders in a row for the oven. I made the first and was prepping the second when a woman came up with a bottle of water. I told her I'd be with her as soon as I could. (If I have two oven orders in a row I don't stop because they will burn if I don't take them out right away--550 to 700 degree convection oven, enough said.) I pulled out the sandwhich and put in the pizza, both of which take literally about 2 minutes to cook. I then went to ring up water lady and found she was gone. There was a pile of coins on the counter.

I called out to her from a couple yards away to ask if it was hers and she confirmed, so I let her know I needed to scan the bottle. She brought it and I scanned it and the money she'd left on the counter was too much so I slid the dime toward her because she was already 2 feet away and leaving fast (without having said a word, mind you); I said she could keep the dime. She stomped back and forcibly grabbed the coin and stalked off angrily. The witness to this was the customer who wanted the pizza, who also happened to be my supervisor for the day. I told him if she complained he was my witness.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

is there a full moon? because this woman was crazy

or maybe there's something in the water??
    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

I'd get this sometimes with old people leaving their money on the counter for the newspaper since they seem to think it's the 1950's and we still work on the honor system. Yeah, no. Get in line and let me scan the paper. It was more annoying that anything.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I had this happen just recently, with a woman handing me money for gas over the register, while I had two other people in line. Impatient people irritate me to no end. I want to tell them o wait their damn turn, but that would be bad customer service. Oh well.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I just put the money to the side when they do that. They can damn well get rung up in order. Lol

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I called out to her from a couple yards away to ask if it was hers and she confirmed, so I let her know I needed to scan the bottle.
            What an idiot. Someone could have swiped those coins in a second. Then she'd claim she paid, you'd say she didn't and all of this would be over a bottle of water.

When I was at the cutting counter more often I regularly got people who got totally irate that I didn't answer their question the second they asked it. Didn't matter that I was in the middle of counting yardage, or that I was mid-sentence helping someone who had waited their turn. Oh, no. Once, by the time I'd said "one sec," the woman was already a distance away stomping toward the registers muttering angrily.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              What an idiot. Someone could have swiped those coins in a second. Then she'd claim she paid, you'd say she didn't and all of this would be over a bottle of water.
              I should've informed security that she hadn't paid me for it.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                ... I'd said "one sec," ...
                This is not the time for secs!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X