Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly the super perky, happy tone that many CS reps have annoys me to no end. On occasion, it sounds real and doesn't bother me. The rest of the time it sounds contrived and just pisses me off.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Our accent would drive her nuts. We have a tendency to say "malk" instead of "milk", "
      But I always drink plenty of...malk?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
        I got a ridicously cheap unlimited data plane, because I started it several years ago, 2012 I think. I might be needing a new phone soon so I'm looking at sim free or unlocked PAYG so I can keep the nifty plan.
        That's usually the rub right there w/those grandfathered plans. They're only good as long as you have the same phone you had when the plan went out of effect.

Meaning, if you were to upgrade your phone, you're stuck having to upgrade your plan as well.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Of course, she'd probably think she was talking to a "foreign" call center anyways.
          Don't tell her you're in New Mexico; she'd go "I knew it! Damn foreigners!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

MY SIL has upgraded 3 times that I know of. Has AT&T unlimited data, still on his very old grandfathered plan. Upgrades don't appear to matter.

Comment

Hey, I was born in Texas, but as I only spent a total of three weeks there I don't sound like it. In fact, I've managed to stump just about all of those who who think they can tell where I'm from because I don't sound like I'm from anywhere in particular. This is true - I was an Air Force dependent, so grew up all over.

As for stuttering, I used to transcribe reports for two Radiology residents who both stuttered. One was worse than the other, but I found that I could transcribe their reports in just about the same amount of time that it took them to dictate them, e.g. a 5-minute report took me 5 minutes to transcribe. This is very unusual, as 5-minute reports could take up to 20 minutes to transcribe depending on how familiar I was with the provider and if they knew what they were talking about (you'd think some of them were paid by the word). As a result I got all of the stutterers' dictations, which didn't bother me a bit. One of the most challenging doctors I've ever transcribed was a Pakistani doctor who stammered, but once I figured out what her triggers were (in her case the long I sound) I had no trouble with her dictations.

Comment

Working...
              X