This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are you?

I was working the grocery store customer service desk one night back in April, and I'm sad to say that I was not at all paying attention to my surroundings. Thus, I was surprised when a normally bright and cheery cashier of mine walked up to me and placed her hand on her forehead in agitation. I asked her what was wrong, and all she could do was gesture to a man who was staring at us. He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut. And a hat.

Wondering what on Earth could have upset my cashier so badly she couldn't talk, I walked over and very politely said, "What's wrong, sir?" and smiled.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Did you have a problem?"

"Do you have a problem?"

Tired of this, I cheerily inquired, "Are we playing a game?"

"Are you playing a game?"

"Right, well, apparently we're playing a game. You have a nice day!" And I walked off. Grown men who talk like they're six are not worth my time. He called after me, asking what my name was, but I pretended not to hear. When he followed me, though, I happily told him my name and my manager's name. They really love it when you act completely nonplussed at their threats of calling your manager. I later found out that he had been making belligerent comments to the cashier and in general was a dick to her, and that's why she was so agitated. He never called in to complain. But seriously, he had such a holier-than-thou attitude while using such juvenile speech, it was completely absurd. Pretty much looking for people to pick on and something to complain about.

I get people like that sometimes. I guess they think we're stupid and will be entertained by their idiocy. Or else they're just horrible people who don't believe that we're people too. Like the guys who hand you money, but they don't let go of it. "Don't you want the money?" Um, don't you want your food? It's getting cold while you play your little game, but that's not my problem, I'm more concerned about the line you're holding up.
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

Comment

He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut.
      It's sad to hear what became of that "I'm a little lad who likes BERRIES.........AND CREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM!!" guy from the Starburst ads
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Yeah... When I rule the world, jerks like that, if caught on film, will be shown on the global What Not To Do And What Happens When You're Caught Station (also known as Citizen's Justice TV), along with the amount of their fine for Public Stupidity and full name and city. There will also be an extension of the Fighting Words statutes to include crimes of Public Stupidity, Class 2 or higher, in the justifiable provocations.
        Last edited by JustADude; 07-04-2007, 03:06 AM.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Yeah... When I rule the world, jerks like that, if caught on film, will be shown on the global What Not To Do And What Happens When You're Caught Station (also known as Citizen's Justice TV), along with the amount of their fine for Public Stupidity and full name and city. There will also be an extension of the Fighting Words statutes to include crimes of Public Stupidity, Class 2 or higher, in the justifiable provocations.
          Can I be in charge of the beatings?
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            Can I be in charge of the beatings?
            Sorry, but the people who had to put up with it get to beat the idiot themselves.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I know you are but what am I?
              Last edited by AFpheonix; 07-05-2007, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut.
                Oh yeah, you can tell right away that this guy's a real winner.

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                I walked over and very politely said, "What's wrong, sir?" and smiled.
                "What's wrong with you?"
                "Did you have a problem?"
                "Do you have a problem?"
                Tired of this, I cheerily inquired, "Are we playing a game?"
                "Are you playing a game?"
                "Right, well, apparently we're playing a game. You have a nice day!" And I walked off. Grown men who talk like they're six are not worth my time.
                You've got more patience than I do. I think after he said, "Do you have a problem?" I would've said, "Nothing that Mister Salmon can't handle!"

I like JustADude's idea. Public humiliation on TV! It'd be even better than COPS! Show your ass to the cashier, you'll be showing it to the world!
                Last edited by XCashier; 07-04-2007, 03:14 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                  It's sad to hear what became of that "I'm a little lad who likes BERRIES.........AND CREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM!!" guy from the Starburst ads

And his 15 minutes of fame have just sped by, haven't they?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X