This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah, flashings. That's gotta suck.
    I've actually caught part of it in the zipper once. I agree that it'd be a very appropriate and fitting punishment for the guy.

To explain Jack Thompson in the most non-fratching way possible, mm...

He is- or was*- a lawyer who spent (and may still spend) most of his time making a spectacle of himself as he attacked video games, people who play video games, and people who make video games. What makes him special (in general) wasn't his target of choice so much as the way he went about it. As I understand it, the courts have recommended that he be disbarred for a minimum of ten years for misconduct. I don't think that will be final until later this year though.

*if he gets disbarred I think that makes him not a lawyer any more, but I could be wrong.

Mind, his target was a topic I hold near and dear to me, so I have my own feelings on that, but that's why he's good fratching-bait.
    "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
      To explain Jack Thompson in the most non-fratching way possible, mm...

He is- or was*- a lawyer who spent (and may still spend) most of his time making a spectacle of himself as he attacked video games, people who play video games, and people who make video games. What makes him special (in general) wasn't his target of choice so much as the way he went about it. As I understand it, the courts have recommended that he be disbarred for a minimum of ten years for misconduct. I don't think that will be final until later this year though.

*if he gets disbarred I think that makes him not a lawyer any more, but I could be wrong.

Mind, his target was a topic I hold near and dear to me, so I have my own feelings on that, but that's why he's good fratching-bait.

Ooooohhh, NOW I know who he is. Friends and I debated him once. I was on the side that he's a bit screwy (that's a polite way of saying what I called him.) I just forgot his name. Thanks for the explanation, and I shan't say any more on the subject.

Comment

Working...
      X