• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but why would you want to? *evil*
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
      Well, as far as I know, most tramways, subways and whatever you may call it, in France sit on top of the tracks too. The fun part is explaining to foreigners that it's still the "subway" or "underground", even if the tracks runs abov the road at this particular location. We call it the "metro", you are the one insisting it should be under the ground.
      OT: A bit of trivia for you. The overhead suspended monorail used in the 1966 movie Fahrenheit 451 was a one mile long test track in France. The monorail exterior scenes were taken at the French SAFEGE test track, in Châteneuf-sur-Loire near Orléans, France (since dismantled).
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Interesting trivia. I wouldn't have known that. I can barely remember said monorail in that movie. Still, I haven't seen any suspended monorails recently and the only ones I've ever seen in France were in amusement parks.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Actually, come to think of I’m pretty sure this is the plot of CSI Miami this week.
          No, not this week. This week they are doing a meaningful and insightful show. Riiiiiiiight....

Next week they'll return to drivel.

And the drivel wouldn't bother me, mind you, if it was delivered while CSIs Duquesne and Boa Vista stripped down.....

Me: “B-e-r-e-zed?”
          SC: “No, B-e-r-e-ZEE. ZEE! as in ZEBRA!!”

Shit! They’re onto us! HIDE THE WOMEN AND THE MAPLE SYRUP.
          Sadly, most Americans don't realize that what we call a zee is referred to as a zed most other places.

SC: “Is Dave there?”
          "Dave's not here!"

[QUOTE=RetailWorkhorse;343605][QUOTE=Evil Queen;343594]Psh! The Barking Fist would be a great name for a BAR!

Actually, it would....*Writes this one down, right next to The Drunken Parrot*
          We actually have a bar by that name here in Key West! Well, technically it's spelled "The Drunkin Parrot," but that's proof that if you drink enough, your spelling goes to shit.

Anyway, here is the Drunkin Parrot from outside....

and from inside.....

and their mascot, Zoe, the (violent) Parrot!

Quoth lightmylamb View Post
          We should all just move in with you.
          It's a thought, but the problem is that the battle of wits GK and I would wage would lay waste to the vast majority of humankind. And I don't think either one of us wants to be responsible for THAT.

At least, not yet.

Quoth Soria View Post
          Memo to self, never eat a German style pretzel while reading GK's posts.
          What about just a German?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester
            It's a thought, but the problem is that the battle of wits GK and I would wage would lay waste to the vast majority of humankind. And I don't think either one of us wants to be responsible for THAT.
            I think this was the projected outcome should me and Kara ever meet as well. Great, now there's two potential doomsday scenarios I have to keep my eye on.

Anymore of this and we'll need some sort of ankle bracelet / proximity alarm. ;p

Comment

I think this was the projected outcome should me and Kara ever meet as well.
              Nah, not just if we meet. I think we would be fine. Ditto you and Kara.

It would be the LIVING TOGETHER that would bring about the mass destruction of life, limb, and property!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                It would be the LIVING TOGETHER that would bring about the mass destruction of life, limb, and property!
                Sounds the set up for a sitcom....

Ugh, it's only 1:30am....still 5 and a half hours to go. ><

Comment

Working...
                X