This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, YOU answered the phone.

A friend of my coworker's has a job in a call center that handles credit card payments and the such.

Apparently an angry man called about a billing mistake and told this person, without irony:

'I know the problem isn't your fault, but you answered the phone, so you're going to get it from me.'

With great arrogance comes great asshattery.
    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

That's when, if the company would allow such behaviour, you reply with, "I'm sorry, sir, but no employee here is obligated to sit through abuse from a customer just because he or she happened to pick up the receiver. *click*"

Comment

See? Our first mistake is answering the phone. I guess we should stop doing that.

Actually, some days our worst mistake is just showing up for work.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        See? Our first mistake is answering the phone. I guess we should stop doing that.

Actually, some days our worst mistake is just showing up for work.
        You said it! People like that SC are why people like us don't like working with the public.
        Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-14-2008, 08:25 PM.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I once had an SC on the phone who continued to scream at me and call me names, so I informed him that if he continued I would disconnect the call as I was not required to listen to his profanity. He told me that I was being paid to put up with whatever he chose to say. My supervisor was aware that I had a very difficult customer on the phone, so she began monitoring the call just in time to hear me say "I am not required to allow customers to verbally abuse me." After several warnings, I hung up on him and then decided to take a walk to cool off before taking any more calls. As I walked past my supervisor's desk, I heard her snickering about the verbal abuse. She really enjoyed by choice of words and teased me about it quite often over the next few weeks.
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
          X