This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    but how else will tomorrow when the war began happen!!! i like that movie!!!
    sad fact i just realized my entire association with Australia is mi2, tomorrow when the war began and the book Tongues of Serpents. it just does not appear of my radar... but New Zealand does!!!
    Not to derail the thread too much, but the author of Tomorrow When The War Began runs a school in Melbourne called Candlebark. They run a very no-nonsense approach and encourage the kids to get dirty and out into nature, to cook meals and to even start fires and use chainsaws! (the latter is done with parental knowledge and supervision of course!)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've never been drunk

I've never smoked

I've never taken any illegal drugs

I've never had kids (don't plan to)

I've never been to a concert

I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies

I've never been married (don't plan to)
      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

I've never smoked or had the slightest inclination to do so

I've never been drunk, and therefore never been hungover

I've never watched any soap operas

I've never been to a holiday camp

I've never eaten black pudding, haggis or tripe

I've never had a tattoo

I've never plucked my eyebrows

I've never had my hair permed or straightened

I've never been to any kind of school reunion
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

(To borrow some from Jester):
          I've never seen Breaking Bad.

I've never seen The Walking Dead.

I've never seen The Sopranos.

I've never had a driver's license

I've never shot a gun

I've never ridden on a horse

I've never been arrested

(stealing from NecessaryCatharsis) I've never gone trick or treating (except with my kids when they were younger)

I've never watched any of the Star Wars films

I've never been skiing

I never went to my high school prom
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Not to derail the thread too much, but the author of Tomorrow When The War Began runs a school in Melbourne called Candlebark. They run a very no-nonsense approach and encourage the kids to get dirty and out into nature, to cook meals and to even start fires and use chainsaws! (the latter is done with parental knowledge and supervision of course!)
            That's funny. Running chainsaws in forestry is almost required here in bc lol

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
              That's funny. Running chainsaws in forestry is almost required here in bc lol
              The school goes up to year 10 over there and has around 130 kids (they can have a maximum of up to 200). They also have 1100 acres of property in which the kids can roam. Fees are also quite affordable when you compare them to other schools (they charge around 10k per year from k-10, but that amount includes camps and stationery. Most other schools that charge around the 10k mark add on the camps, stationery and other things).
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've never had a hangover (even having gotten pass out on the toilet drunk and basically every stage before that--My mom's never had any either)
                I've never been on a date
                I've never had my license
                I've never shot a gun (very odd where I live)
                I've never been in a fist fight (even more odd where I live)
                I've never lived in a different state

Comment

Quoth Safire View Post
                  I've never had a hangover (even having gotten pass out on the toilet drunk and basically every stage before that--My mom's never had any either)
                  Ah, that's one I forgot. I don't get hangovers, no matter how drunk I get. I'm the envy of all my friends. (Of course with my weird work schedule and paper route, I seldom have time to get drunk, so I have the power but am rarely able to take advantage of it...)
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    I'm the envy of all my friends.
                    Same here, and my family too lol. (especially my brother)

Comment

I never got a hangover.
                      I never broke any bones.
                      I never found South Park or Family Guy to be funny enough to continue to exist.

I'll think of more later, probably.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        This one will make sense to the Aussies:

I never did the schoolies thing and I didn't want to.
                        I've never done schoolies week either.

But then, I grew up in Brisbane, and Schoolies was almost always done on the Gold Coast if you happened to be a Brisbanite. My Nan lived on the Gold Coast, within walking distance of Surfers Paradise, and so I was V.E.R.Y. familiar with schoolies week.

It did not entice me.

For non-Aussies:
                        Brisbane is the capital city of the state of Queensland. It's in a bay (almost all our capital cities are in bays/natural harbours, actually). Just under two hours' drive south of Brisbane is the Gold Coast, which has theme parks, surf beaches, quiet beaches, and the sort of beach where you can walk among the rocks and explore rock pools.
                        Surfers Paradise has become the commercial heart of the Gold Coast, with a high proportion of the hotels and timeshares, pubs, clubs, tourist shops, tourist traps, and so on.

If you're an American coming to Australia to see what Australia is like, skip the Gold Coast. It's just the tourist trap parts of Florida, with a different accent.

It was different when I was a kid. I've watched (with sorrow) as it changed.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I never had children

I never took illegal drugs

I never went to University

I never learnt to drive

I've never had a credit card, loan or mortgage

I never had more than one bank card

I never been to Ireland but I have been to Wales and Scotland

I have never been to mainland Europe

I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies

I have never seen Walking Dead/Sopranos/Breaking Bad
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Safire View Post
                            If one day, when the designated driver drives you home, you get a fierce hangover, watch out - there's probably a vampire involved.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              If one day, when the designated driver drives you home, you get a fierce hangover, watch out - there's probably a vampire involved.
                              That kind of Pyotyrd out...
                              [/Spider!]
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm amused by people who say they don't get hangovers. I'm especially amused when they say that to me when they're out drinking with me, as I view that as a personal mission. And rarely have I failed to change their status as someone who doesn't get hangovers.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X