Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*SPOILER* Game of Thrones: Reactions to the Purple Wedding?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SPOILER* Game of Thrones: Reactions to the Purple Wedding?

I have to say, I didn't see the episode, but as a reader of the series I knew what was coming. Actually getting to SEE it was quite a treat, however. And it just gets better (or should I say, worse for the bad guys) from here.

I was so excited! I had figured that the wedding would be the end of season climax episode, and then it happened, and it was SO satisfying.
    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

I've read the books, so I knew it was coming. One of the people in the room watching with me didn't, however. He slow clapped.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Wait until the next episode or two. People are going to be SHRIEKING with joy.

Comment

My mum was bouncing off the ceiling in glee, apparently.

But what great acting!
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I don't know how it can get better than what's already happened, which was immensely satisfying. And because I don't want to know anymore than what's already been hinted at here, I will not read any further responses in this thread. I want to be as clueless as I can until I see it happen on the screen.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I have read the books and haven't seen the episode just yet (I too thought it would be later in the season, but chronologically I suppose it makes sense as I recall it happening fairly soon after the Red Wedding). I have to say that in the series, I feel more pityfor Joffrey in general than I did while reading the books. I attribute this to the actor's skill. I remember in the first season, while Robert was dying, they showed a shot of Joffrey by his bed, and he was crying, which I could never picture from the books. From seeing stills of the most recent episode, he looks like a frightened kid who doesn't know what is happening.

I guess you can't help if you are born a psychopath, and his upbringing was not exactly conducive to teaching him moderation or how to control himself.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I actually wanted to strangle a co-worker because he came to talk to me Monday morning and started in with the obvious spoiler.

I told him to get away from me after thanking him for spoiling it. I didn't get a chance to watch the episode until Monday night. I however am happy. I've been waiting for that, even though I haven't read the books.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I won't get a chance to watch it until next year, when they release the current season on DVD.

That said, I've read the books, so I know what just happened.

[And people say Joffrey doesn't have a heart. He got choked up at his own wedding!]
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    I won't get a chance to watch it until next year, when they release the current season on DVD.

That said, I've read the books, so I know what just happened.

[And people say Joffrey doesn't have a heart. He got choked up at his own wedding!]
                    I've been watching it as my friend collected the DVDs, but I read the books in between the first season of DVDs and the second. Now my parents have just added HBO to their cable, and I'm SO excited to get to watch the episodes as they happen. Before, I would search Youtube for clips of the good parts, since I know the stuff that's happening.

I'm finding it really enjoyable to watch the shows knowing whats's going to happen. More so than I generally would. Though I usually like to read books before seeing movies, etc, this has been particularly fun. I get to see each decision they've made, and ponder how I like the changes or not.

I'm a little on the fence on how they handled Tyrion and Shae. On the one hand, if they do have her sail away, they preserve Tyrion as a clearer good guy, and I can see how the show would prefer to have the perception of his character be more clearly likeable. OTOH, if she does what she does in the book, thats pretty important to his development, and I really liked that scene where that thing happens, IFKWIM.
                    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

I don't see how they can change what happened to Shae in the books. It's too central to what Tyrion does next and that is crucial to the way the plot develops. Although I am looking forward to seeing new characters that Sansa should be meeting soon according to the timeline. And it's cool that Arya is coming into her own soon as well.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                        I don't see how they can change what happened to Shae in the books. It's too central to what Tyrion does next and that is crucial to the way the plot develops. Although I am looking forward to seeing new characters that Sansa should be meeting soon according to the timeline. And it's cool that Arya is coming into her own soon as well.
                        I can see how they would. Because:

SPOILER

Killing Shae is the darkest thing he does in the series so far. Tywin is one of the villains, and we're set up to want him dead. In the books, her betrayal reveals her nature as a scheming bitch who'll do anything to get ahead. She didn't really care for him. In the show, they're shown to have some real affection for each other, and if she does testify against him, I think it will come off as either her being forced into it, or lashing out because of the things he said to her. Which will make him seem worse if he does it.

I do think it was a majorly important character development point for him in the book. However I can see that in the show, where you can't see what characters are thinking, and there isn't as much time to fully explore their complexity, they might decide that as one of the protagonists (and most liked characters) they want to keep his hands a little cleaner.

Comment

I've read the books so I knew it was coming. I didn't think they would do it in the second episode of this season though. I guess it makes sense with how much will be happening soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X