This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er, what?

Scanning my junk email and I come across this one, clearly a 419 style scam attempt. The subject line has me scratching my head. ETA: That first word is apparently an Islamic greeting, is actually two words, and is in fact misspelled on the email. *sigh*

Assalamualikum-with due respect.!!!

Mr Jackson White (mrjackson_white@aol.fr) 4/19/14
    mrjackson_white@aol.fr
    Sent: Sat 4/19/14 3:35 AM
    To:

From the Desk of Mr Jackson White.
    Manager Bill and Exchange Dept
    African Development Bank (ADB)
    Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.

Dear Friend,

I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise. I am the bill and Exchange manager in African Development Bank .I Hope that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that i am about to Repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families.

I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of $25.5 million Immediately to your account. The money has been dormant for years in our Bank here without any body coming for it.

I want to release the money to you as the nearest person to

our deceased customer the owner Of the account who died a long with his supposed next of kin in an air Crash since July 2000.

I don't want the money to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund.

So this is the reason why i contacted you, so that the bank can release the money to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer.

Please i will like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete if you are not interested.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you full details on how the Business will be executed and also note that you will have 40% of the Above mentioned sum. Acknowledge receipt of this message in acceptance of my mutual business endeavour by furnishing me with the following:

1. Your Full Names and Address.

2. Direct Telephone and Fax numbers

Mr Jackson White.
    African Development Bank,
    Burkina Faso West Africa.
    Last edited by Kittish; 04-20-2014, 08:53 PM.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

More or less 'May God Be With You'. It is a polite greeting.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It's supposed to be "As-salamu alaykum". It's similar to the Hebrew "Shalom Aleichem", which means "Peace Be Unto You".

Considering how many grammatical errors there are in the text (words capitalized that aren't supposed to be, "anybody" spelled as two words), I'm not surprised they goofed that one up as well.
      Last edited by XCashier; 04-20-2014, 10:12 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X