Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WE DON’T DELIVER (or: ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my years of Pizza Pushing, I wish I was able to count the number of times that a customer called, asking for us to deliver at some crazy, after-hours time (like 2 or 3am). Alas, it was far too common.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
      Please don't make me think of that out come we have enough of them in the US already... I think we should make a deal with the world we will take their hardworking poor and they have to take our morons.
      Then explain for the love of cheese why we're stuck with Justin Beiber?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Then explain for the love of cheese why we're stuck with Justin Beiber?
        Because assassinations are illegal?

Okay, back on topic... I have only this to add to the discussion at hand: www.tipthepizzaguy.com
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post

Okay, back on topic... I have only this to add to the discussion at hand: www.tipthepizzaguy.com
          Decent message board in its day but real dead the last couple of years. Too many flame wars over the years.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

When I click on that link, I get the following:

Forbidden

Sorry. You do not have access to load this page.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Weird, comes up fine for me. What browser are you using? Whether on "real" computers, or on my Android devices, I use Mozilla Firefox, because it's been found to be one of the most secure browsers. And even on the Mobile version, I can use ad-blockers. The same can't be said for Chrome.
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                be able to remember AND apply coupons and discounts from the age of the dinasours forward
                Our GM/DM made us take the truly ancient coupons, but only if the customer actually handed the things to us. Their theory was that, if they had a 20-year-old coupon, they MUST be lifelong loyal customers!...Right? ...Right? ...Not so much. Far more often than not, people with these had either never ordered from our store before (not in the system at all), or their last order date was long enough ago that that coupon would have been current at the time.
                have all other pizza companies products/deserts/specials/deals/ingredents/whatever since we are all just ONE BIG COMPANY
                I HATED that! No, we do not carry lasagne or salad or chicken wings DAMMIT! Pizza! Breadstix! Cheesestix! Cokes! End of menu!
                slaveishly make $80 worth of food and then "eat" all that product waste.
                Weeelllll....*urp*...Not always.... >_>
                deliver $3 worth of food because someone wanted JUST ONE order of breadsticks
                Our minimum was $6. We had a regular who ordered *every weekday* and got a small cheese. $6.51 with tax. Every time. it got to the point where we would just have it ready to go in the oven when she usually called, so we could get it delivered and get back to the store ASAP. (This was in the days when online orders were all but nonexistent, and cell phone orders were automatically suspect.)
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Me too. I have chrome.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Weird, comes up fine for me. What browser are you using?
                    I am using Firefox. I just tried Internet Explorer and Chrome with the same results.

And irony of it is that I always tip the pizza delivery guy very well, even the time the owner of the restaurant made the delivery. No that the web site would know that.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Firefox here, and that site comes up fine.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

To take a customers side (a little) I have been guilty of forgetting that the show I am watching off my DVR was originally recorded months ago and the Pizza Deals advertised during the commercial breaks were long past expired.
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

I just think it's really sad when a grown adult can't fix themselves a meal. I've met a few. My hubs, when I moved in, couldn't cook anything but Kraft Dinner and this convoluted spaghetti. It didn't take long before I could teach him the essentials of cooking. Now that I'm ill and homebound, he cooks for me!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            I HATED that! No, we do not carry lasagne or salad or chicken wings DAMMIT! Pizza! Breadstix! Cheesestix! Cokes! End of menu!

Knew of a Assistant manager, when asked if we had 'Buffalo wings' (We didn't) would response with "Buffalo don't have wings Maam/Sir"
                            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                            X