This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironically, he's an optometrist

My co-worker installed a new in-dash DVD player into a Honda Ridgeline last week, and a couple days later the customer called: he loves the new system, but his vehicle's dome lights don't work any more.

I hadn't been in the vehicle for the installation, but I thought I remembered that those trucks have an interior light switch on the dash. I asked the customer about this, and he was certain that there's no dome light switch in his truck--he explained that he's owned the vehicle for nine years, and if it was there, he'd have seen it. So I made an appointment for him to bring it in for us to check.

Of course, we all know how the story ends: when I saw him drive in, I walked out to his truck to meet him. He exited the vehicle, I reached in: click, problem solved.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Quoth KaeZoo View Post

Of course, we all know how the story ends: when I saw him drive in, I walked out to his truck to meet him. He exited the vehicle, I reached in: click, problem solved.
    I didn't see that coming. (Sorry I had to.)
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

The GF did that this weekend

GF: Honey where is the Coffee
      Me: On the top shelf in the fridge. (keeps better)
      GF: I cant find it.
      Me: right on the top shelf in the middle.
      GF: Nope
      Me gets up walks to fridge reaches in grabs bag of coffee she couldn't see it as she wouldn't lean down one more inch to look.

Hour later:

GF: Honey where is the pan to make biscuits?
      Me: In the bottom right cabinet.
      GF: nope its not there.
      Me: well I didn't move it so it must be.
      GF: nope not there.
      Me: get up walk over open cabinet door reach down lift pot there is biscuit pan.

She is 33 and its like dealing with a 5 year old. Put stuff away when done with it, move stuff to look, pick up your shoes, stop taking a sip out of the water bottle then getting a new one, ect ect. I know I have some OCD on things but still, not hard stuff.

Comment

A DVD player...in a CAR DASHBOARD?!

Comment

My brother's SUV does this....BUT the screen itself is in the back seat, where the only kiddles can see it. Not all vehicles use this sort of placement.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
            I know I have some OCD on things but still, not hard stuff.
            Happens at work everyday.

SC: Where your hammers at?
            Me: <Pointing, index finger and arm fully extended.> Right there in aisle 69.
            SC: <Blank look on face> ???
            Me: <Still pointing; it's the next aisle over.> It's the next aisle; aisle 69.
            SC: Aisle 69?
            Me: <Another good day shot to hell.> Yes. You are in aisle 68. The next aisle is aisle 69. That's where the hammers at.
            SC: The next aisle?
            Me: Yes. Go to the next aisle, and there you will find the hammers.
            SC: <Looks confusedly around the store at the GIANT numbers that label each aisle; still can't figure out what to do. FINALLY begins moving, heading for aisle 67.>
            Me: <Good lord, this braindead moron is beyond help.> Have a nice day, sir.

Comment

Quoth The Braindead Live View Post
              ... Me: <Good lord, this braindead moron ...
              ...has already been introduced to the hammers.>
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And now it's time for the hammer to, hammer to FAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

If I ever make my own store the interior will be round. If asked where something at and were SC about it the employee would be allowed to tell them " it's in the corner"
                  Then rush to the back and gets the giggles watching them try to find the corners on the security feed.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    A DVD player...in a CAR DASHBOARD?!
                    I have one in my car, factory installed, that plays on the dashboard screen. The picture is blanked out when the car is in motion.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Happens at work everyday.

SC: Where your hammers at?
                      Me: <Pointing, index finger and arm fully extended.> Right there in aisle 69.
                      SC: <Blank look on face> ???
                      A regular occurrence at work:

Do you have a bathroom?
                      Yes, around the corner to the left. First door on the left. No, turn left. No, come back. Go left. I said left. Ah fuck it!
                      Last edited by EricKei; 05-05-2016, 05:19 PM. Reason: snip
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

FINALLY begins moving, heading for aisle 67
                        "I couldn't find the hammers. Can you show me where the hammers at?"

Of course. Let me hold your hand and guide you. Please don't kill anyone on the drive home.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          And now it's time for the hammer to, hammer to FAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!
                          Hammerfall, we will prevail
                          Hammerfall, let us hail

--Hammerfall by Hammerfall
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I was referring to Queen, GK, but I'll accept that answer, too ^_^

Comment

Not to be confused with Hammerfell, I'm sure. They have curved swords. Curved. Swords.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X