This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Refused to Let Me Correct Her Error

The other day, a customer went through the self checkout. One of the items she got was an orange but she rang it up as a turnip (which cost more). I went over to let her know about the error and she snapped at me to "fuss off". I got away from her and stayed away until she left.

After helping another customer at another self checkout, I went to the previous self checkout when another customer went through and got the transaction number off of their receipt. I made a duplicate receipt of the rude customer's transaction with an explanation of what happened.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

How DARE you try to point out a customer's mistake! They don't MAKE MISTAKES!!11eleventy!!

Some people are just so miserable they can't even lower themselves to allow someone to help them.

Comment

Now watch her try to return the orange for some reason. "But ma'am, your receipt says you bought a turnip. There's no orange on here anywhere." Watch her splutter and fuss!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

'I bought this turnip-see the receipt says so-and it turned into an orange.Your company is responsible for producing magic turnips'.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I generally don't try to correct idiots anymore. If they notice before they pay (or I notice they're actually buying something pricier than what was entered), I'll fix it. If they don't notice they overpaid...

If you can't tell the difference between a bunch of parsley and parsley root (or in one memorable case, green beans and artichokes--SC paid five bucks for beans and didn't notice), I'm not qualified to provide the type of help you need.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Sometimes I know a person isn't buying the right item. If they're nice I tell them, if they're mean I don't. It's pretty simple. The same with coupons. If someone's buying an item at full price and they're nice I recommend taking a few seconds on their phone to pull up a coupon. If they're mean I let them waste their money. It would be harder at the SCO, though.

I love the fact that peoples automatic reaction is to tell employees to "fuss off." Until they need help and then they lose their mind freaking out that there's nobody to help them.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
            X