X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeepers, YONK!

Ok folks rule #1 at funland gun range.
    Don't point the gun at the bay walls, roof and expressly ME!
    So here the one day's disarmament of customers.

Middle eastern dude want's to turn and point it in 2 directions that is not down range to show off loaded Ak-47 to buddy's.
    YONK
    ah I want picture,
    Ah what about rule 1?

4 people who after taking their first shot with a handgun to ask me where it hit. Of course they don't just turn their head, but whole body.
    YONK
    After explaining in gory detail why you don't cross your thumb behind an semi auto pistol and forcefully make you hold it right, you do it right before shooting.
    YONK!
    Last was a ditzy young woman, does the 1 shot move then 2 shots later lowers her elbows and brings her arms in so she would end up pointing it straight up and towards her chin.
    DBL YONK.
    The giggle is I shucked it out of her hand so quick and smooth she put her hands back up and started to aim till the confused look on her face when she realized that she was not longer holding a pistol.
    Final warning got it through to her.
    We unlock the gun from the wall and set it on the counter.
    I then explain what and how. *then* I will hand it to you as I also told you, so you go to grab it off the counter because you shot it in someone's military.
    Yonk!
    Or more like I slam my hand down on it pinning down the gun and your hand.
    Needless I have to stay well caffeinated and watch them like babies.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 05-12-2016, 05:01 PM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

LOL Ohh fun times with the kiddos!

Coffee keeps people alive in more ways than one.

Comment

Yikes. Idiots and firearms always a good combination.

Comment

ah I want picture,
        And why pray does the gun need to be loaded for a picture? Unless you want to be photographed while in the process of shooting it (as some do) but then you'd presumably not want to be showing it to your friends at the same time no?

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
          Yikes. Idiots and firearms always a good combination.
          A good reason that I will never own one.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

What the *YOINK* is wrong with these people!??!?!
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Holy crap that is terrifying.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Scary. Just scary.

Comment

"Cleanup on Range #3!"
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The lack of situational awareness amongst a great portion of the population is a favored topic of conversation with my friends. This is just another great example of how people aren't aware of what they're really doing and just how dangerous it is. Guns should be treated with respect.

Comment

I've been thinking about your gun range posts the other day and I have to ask. Have you ever had anyone try and shoot a handgun gangsta style? I'm sure in real life that would get a YOINK
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth AngryFaery View Post
                        The lack of situational awareness amongst a great portion of the population is a favored topic of conversation with my friends. This is just another great example of how people aren't aware of what they're really doing and just how dangerous it is. Guns should be treated with respect.
                        Just look over in Road Kill and see how many people think it's cool to walk in the street. Absolutely no awareness, or deliberate ignorance. Like they're daring motorists to get too close. It's scary to see people meandering in the street, but it's horrifying to think of these people shooting guns.

I was watching Person of Interest and at some point it's said that along with not being about to aim a gun gangster style, that also the casing would eject into the shooters face... Anyone know if that's truth?
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Serious question from a person who has never held a gun in her life: how does one safely put down a firearm? I can see the danger in pulling it back so it's basically pointing at the user's chin (as OP) mentioned. If you were firing a pistol (I've seen police officers demonstrate the proper technique for shooting but not anything else), do you just bend your arms with the muzzle still pointed downrange, or what?
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                            Scary. Just scary.
                            That's why at my weekday job I don't see why they get slamming things down mad at the stuff they do.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            I've been thinking about your gun range posts the other day and I have to ask. Have you ever had anyone try and shoot a handgun gangsta style? I'm sure in real life that would get a YOINK
                            That stupid has gone away for the most part and thankfully no one has tried. Yea
                            "failure to follow range commands" I can fire you and everyone you came with as customers.

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                            Serious question from a person who has never held a gun in her life: how does one safely put down a firearm? I can see the danger in pulling it back so it's basically pointing at the user's chin (as OP) mentioned. If you were firing a pistol (I've seen police officers demonstrate the proper technique for shooting but not anything else), do you just bend your arms with the muzzle still pointed downrange, or what?
                            And a very good one that you already answered. Treat every gun as if it's loaded, good shooters will always pack it knowing what end the muzzle is pointing open and unpack with it down range. After shooting it's not hard to check if it's clear, eject mag or open cyl and twist your wrist so you are holding it gangster style and simply set it down keeping the muzzle down range.
                            AkaiKitsune
                            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Had a buddy relay this one to me. We will call him S

He was working at a Firearms store / indoor range. They have the classic U counter setup one employee at each side to have a total eye coverage of the store. So S is on the side closest to the door and in walks Mc Banger with his Posse. All in Puffy jackets pants half way down there legs you get the pix. So the leader of the group (4 Total) Walks up to S and puts a paper bag on the counter and says,

Mc: Sumpin wong wid ma gat"
                              S: Umm What?
                              Mc: I says sumpin wong wid ma gat!
                              S: Hablo Isinglass?
                              Mc: raising voice "Foow ma gat don work.

The other Employees see S is not looking happy and this guy is starting to yell so they take up positions behind and to the left and right of this guy and his buddy's. who are oblivious of this fact.

S: Says Ohh something is wrong with your firearm..
                              Mc: Foow tat wut I say.

So S picks up the paper bag and looks in it he said there was a 9mil and it looked like it was covered in dried up blood.

S: Pust bag and gun back on counter "You need to leave now!"
                              Mc: Wut fix ma gat.
                              S: Im calling the cops that gun is covered in blood and i'm not dealing with you.
                              Mc: starts running his mouth and his buddy's all reach in to their coats and That's!! when the real fun started.

S and the two other employees yell to show their hands and all are armed, Mc and his group turn and realize they are surrounded by armed people "who have now drawn their weapons" and make a break for the door. They leave the blood covered gun on the counter in their haste to leave.

Cops are called gun turned over and video from security cameras.

I don't know what came of the gun or the thugs. But it just shows how stupid people are.

Comment

Working...
                              X