X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    SC: “The Barking Fist”
    There's a bar in Cleveland called the "Barking Spider"

Not relevant, I know, but it made me think of all the good times I had there.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I think its more a lower cost of living on average. The sum total of ALL my bills per month including rent, cable, heat, water, power, phone and Internet is $680 Cdn. -.-
      I pay $1200 a month... (but with my roommates, the rent is down to 400$)

I'm moving! Can I sleep on your couch?! I'll cook!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        I pay $1200 a month... (but with my roommates, the rent is down to 400$)

I'm moving! Can I sleep on your couch?! I'll cook!
        Haha, its not a large place. But it has underfloor heating and an alarm system. I do have a couch I guess. =p

You'll have to fight the Beast for it however.

Comment

Here Beasty... Beasty... Beasty....

Back off CSers! Gravekeeper's Mine!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Great, she gets the couch, *I* get sod all!

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Really GV?? Man, in Calgary I'm paying 650 for rent ALONE! and I lucked out in that I can keep my pets. So many places are going pet-free and would rather let people drink, smoke pot or have destructive kids rent their places instead.

NOt saying all kids, pot smokers or drinkers are bad, but still... :/
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                Really GV?? Man, in Calgary I'm paying 650 for rent ALONE!
                You can get some pretty decent rental prices around here as long as you don't mind a 20 minute Skytrain ride into work. Its just living right in downtown that's expensive.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Great, she gets the couch, *I* get sod all!

I can share a couch. But I'm a blanket hog.

Comment

GK: I may have to reconsider my ability to live in the mountains...
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

You can get some pretty decent rental prices around here as long as you don't mind a 20 minute Skytrain ride into work. Its just living right in downtown that's expensive.
                      I'd like to point out GK... that is a GREAT commute... it takes me 20minutes driving to my call center job and 35 minutes to the hotel... if I'm biking/using bus and TRAX it takes me 40 minutes to get to the call center and an hour to get to the hotel. (granted if I was able to get a job downtown rather than in the west valley my trax commute would only be about 20 minutes also... but you still pay a hell of a lot less than me).
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My 2-bedroom apartment in New Jersey is $1120 a month. I'm moving to Canada...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What's a skytrain?

Comment

Guy #2: “Maybe try like a health food store?”
                            Me: “…….”
                            Ohhh, I get it ... you magically produced that water out of your ass when you were in the store ... didn't you? Thus, you could gleefully send Captain Obvious #1 and #2 across town to find the water at a health food store.

( At this point this blaring alarm goes off in the background and I overhear the following announcement: )
                            Voice: “WARNING! You have entered a secured area. Leave the area immediately or you will be shot!”
                            Now ... what's the bet that there was probably a large SIGN stating:

DO NOT ENTER
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              What's a skytrain?
                              It's like a subway. But in the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlSufHIX1jI&

You get some awesome scenery from it. Especially at night and in the winter.

Comment

*is awestruck*

Screw Houston, too. I'm going to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X