This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy b***h!

Again, my woes with people not bothering to update their IDs when they move.

Info you need - The ID they show me has to have the same addy as what we have on our college computer system or they DO NOT get the check. I get audited every year, and if I don't have correct documentation the whole office gets yelled at.

SC: lazy little B... trying to pick up her loan check
    Me: Hai!
    (Not all word for word, but close)

SC: I'm here to pick up my loan check.
    Me: Do you have your ID? *looks at ID, looks at computer screen, wishes pain upon SC* I'm sorry, I can't release it unless the addys match. Instead of going all the way to the DMV, you can change the address on the system to match your ID, and then I can release it.
    SC: *complain complain complain*
    Me: It says in all the letters we've sent you and in the application itself that the ID needs to match the addy we have in the system.
    SC: Where do I get it changed?
    Me: Downstairs at the welcome center.
    SC: Downstairs? Can't you call someone and have them come up here?
    Me: Lazy ass...No, their computers are downstairs and they need the computer to change it.
    SC: fine. *huffs off*

SC comes back with ID
    Me: I'm sorry, they made a mistake downstairs. I need to have the correct address on the system to release the check *curses idiots at welcome center* If you go back down there and get them to put the right address in, I have no problem releasing the check.
    SC: I have to go back downstairs? My legs hurt and I've been up and down those stairs 3 times.
    Me: We have an elevator if you need it.
    SC walks away
    Me goes on lunch and hides from wrath of SC.

I understand that it's a pain for you to go change your addy, and then do it again when someone screws up. I could have flat out said no and told you to go to the DMV to change the ID (which is all of 15 minutes away). But you knew ahead of time that you needed it, so why didn't you take care of it? Or didn't you read anything I sent you? Then you get pissy with me when it's not my fault. And complaining about the stairs? Honey, it's one floor up and you are a skinny little B.... that is all of 19 years old. Deal with it or take the elevator.
    "Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop."
    - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

What I don't get about this is when I was applying to college I followed every direction to a T (sans the uploading a pic for my student card part, which I still have more than enough time to do).
    What the hell is so hard for people?
    When I went to pay my tuition some bleach blonde bag of whine and complain who was having her tuition paid by her exasperated looking father was demanding she get to the front of the line because she "didn't know" she had to get a number to be served and had already been waiting.

Maybe it's just my strong sense of self sufficiency, but how can you not manage these most simple of tasks?

Knowing my luck this chick will be all of my classes AND she'll insist on sitting no less than five feet from me in every class.

Comment

After the first semester it won't be a problem. She'll be repeating those classes.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        What I don't get about this is when I was applying to college I followed every direction to a T (sans the uploading a pic for my student card part, which I still have more than enough time to do).
        What the hell is so hard for people?
        When I went to pay my tuition some bleach blonde bag of whine and complain who was having her tuition paid by her exasperated looking father was demanding she get to the front of the line because she "didn't know" she had to get a number to be served and had already been waiting.

Maybe it's just my strong sense of self sufficiency, but how can you not manage these most simple of tasks?

Knowing my luck this chick will be all of my classes AND she'll insist on sitting no less than five feet from me in every class.
        I know those people well. They have relied on mommy and daddy to take care of everything so far, so why should that stop now? I wouldn't be surprised if she demanded a pony for her birthday and got it.

Depending on the size of the school, you may only see her in passing, if you're lucky.
        Last edited by Bieshmahaw; 06-13-2008, 05:44 PM. Reason: irrelevant question
        "Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop."
        - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post

Been there. Just recently, too. (I graduated last month, but I had to fight with uncooperative department chairs the whole way.) If I don't do something for myself, I know it's not going to get done. It's the same at work, and my managers know it. I'll tell them that I need to do some task before I can leave. They want me to leave to save our stretched labor budget, but they let me stay because they know that if I don't do these tasks, they just won't get done.

I don't understand the "serve me, don't make me do anything I don't want to do, instant gratification" attitude either.

I wouldn't worry too much about that girl, though. Even if she is in your classes, she won't be for long. She'll either discover that daddy is buying her grades and stop showing up to class, or she'll realize that she has to work for her education, drop out, and marry some naive doctor's wallet.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Urgh! It drives me crazy when people can't do crap for themselves. I'm only 19, but my parents always taught me how to be self-sufficient. I've now been on my own for 2 years, I don't have a car, but get around no problem, when I don't know about something I ask. Why are things like that just unfathomable for some people.

Also, I don't know if "unfathomable" is a word.

Comment

Quoth CiggyStoreClerk View Post
              Urgh! It drives me crazy when people can't do crap for themselves. Why are things like that just unfathomable for some people.

Also, I don't know if "unfathomable" is a word.
              Yes it is. You and me both. I've always been an independent person since day one (holding my own bottle at 3 months), you can ask my mom. I've been on my own for 3 years sans car but hey,I do what I can to make things work.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bieshmahaw View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if she demanded a pony for her birthday and got it.
                Target has these cute little infant onesies; one of them is pink and says "Someday I'll demand a pony."
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X