This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down By The Lazy River

I had a million repeats of this phone call today along with many of my co-irks..

Me: Thank you for calling blah,blah blah, this is Calulu, how may I help you?
    SC: Yeah, you can tell me why in the hell my flowers were not delivered yesterday as guaranteed by your website.
    Me: Give me the order number and I'll see what I can tell you..
    SC: (very put out and grumbling) Number blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You people better deliver today for free or I'm suing!!!
    Me: Sir, your order was going to Iowa, correct?
    SC: And your point being?
    Me: Are you not aware that there is massive flooding in the town you asked for delivery in?
    SC: Yeah, but why did your website let me place the order? You guaranteed same day delivered and I wanted my cousin to get something to cheer her up because of the flooding.
    Me: Sir, how do you expect to get a deliver in an area that is currently flooded out under two to three feet or more of water?
    SC: You shouldn't take orders you can't deliver.
    Click
    Me: huge sigh and starts banging head against monitor
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Um, to the guy's credit, the charge for the flowers should be refunded to him and he should be told that that delivery can't be made due to extenuating circumstances. Like, say, the return of Noah's Ark.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Um, to the guy's credit, the charge for the flowers should be refunded to him and he should be told that that delivery can't be made due to extenuating circumstances. Like, say, the return of Noah's Ark.
      right but he shouldn't be demanding them for free this is the same as the ppl bitching about not getting furniture delivered or getting a hotel room during the California fires a few months back and you all remember the asshattery that caused...

Comment

Actually, I don't remember it, but I can imagine.

I misunderstood. Thought the fucker just wanted a refund, which would be understandable, logical, reasonable and rational....four things SCs are not known for!

But wanting the flowers to still be delivered at some point (once they are delieverable) but not having to pay for them? Doctor, his is a clear sign of Rectal Cranial Inversion!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I would have cheerfully refunded his money and all the other twatwaffles monies had they asked. Instead they were all demanding delivery in an area impassible since sometime yesterday, most of them having placed orders after the flooding started and are now complaining that the orders could not be delivered, all were called and told that a) we could deliver to an alternate address with a 20% discount for the inconvenience, b) we could hold the order and redeliver at the original address with a discount once the area reopened or c) we would refund their money. I just thought it was absolutely stupid to order flowers for an area you knew was flooded because you wanted to cheer up a floodee. It's not our fault if the website takes your order for an area completely underwater.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I'm sorry you have to deal with all those idiots

Currently, the water is 6 feet high down the hill from my apartment, and is suppose to go up another 4-5 feet.

Comment

If I was in the middle of a flood, I would not be cheered up by flowers. A snorkle maybe, but not flowers.

Comment

I told my Mom about this thread (Yay being home for a week!) - she said, "Well, they wouldn't have to worry about watering them...Oooh, I know, they could just sent water lilies!"

My Mom's a funny lady.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                  I would have cheerfully refunded his money and all the other twatwaffles monies had they asked. all were called and told that a) we could deliver to an alternate address with a 20% discount for the inconvenience, b) we could hold the order and redeliver at the original address with a discount once the area reopened or c) we would refund their money. r.
                  So, you offered them assistance and they refused the help that was offered. I see you even had three options - more than are sometimes available.

Another thing - a website is not going to know what is going on in a particular area. It took take some time for one to even be updated with a note about delivery in an area that is currently experiencing the wrath of mother nature. What you have been doing is calling the consumer to make them aware of the situation and offering althernatives.

I agree with another poster who stated that flowers would not cheer me up during a flood as I would, like most these people, be out of a home. What in the hell am I going to do with flowers? Send me money as I will need it to stay in a hotel as opposed to being in a tent city or overcrowded shelter. BUT - use western union - not the damn post office - the mailbox is probably under water - asshat!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X