• A Conversation I Am Tired of Having

"My cable isn't working. <pause>"
    "Okay, I can help -"
    "It went out about an hour ago. <pause> "
    "Okay, I can -"
    "This happens a lot with your company. <pause>"
    "Okay I can help with -"
    "I'm really getting tired of it. <pause>."
    At this point I decide to wait for them to get their entire complaint out. 1 second... 2 seconds...
    "HELLO? ARE YOU THERE?"

I will admit, the last time my cable internet went out and was out for 3 days, I was really pissed when I called the cable company and did kind of flat out start out with "This is the 3rd day my Internet hasn't worked.....can anyone tell me just what is going on in this area?" which probably wasn't the most polite thing in the world, but when you're paying out the wazoo for willy-nilly cable service like I am, it gets irritating.

I do understand where you're coming from. Interruptosauruses are among the worst of SCs. You don't even get a chance to explain or help.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I will admit, the last time my cable internet went out and was out for 3 days, I was really pissed when I called the cable company and did kind of flat out start out with "This is the 3rd day my Internet hasn't worked.....can anyone tell me just what is going on in this area?" which probably wasn't the most polite thing in the world, but when you're paying out the wazoo for willy-nilly cable service like I am, it gets irritating.
      he last time I called my ISP for tech support (as opposed to solving the case of the missing modem), they had a recorded message all ready to go: "There is a major network failure affecting most customers in South Australia, it should be repaired by midnight tonight." (I called at 8:30pm and was back online at 11)

Comment

My problem is when my cable internet goes out - my cable phone does too!

one time it died in the middle of calling tech support

It has been behaving lately but when it goes down, it will go UP, down, UP, down, UP down annoyingly frequently.

They came and replaced the cable that goes from the wall to the computer but it hasnt helped much. I figured its something to do with the old buildings' wiring and just live with it.
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Heh... I was on cable internet for a while. I went back to dial-up. It was faster.

Seriously, I spent months with their tech support trying to figure out why my cable internet was so horrible. The worst part was it only crapped out on me late at night, and worked fine during the peak hours of the evening. But repeated calls did not fix the problem, and I tired of dealing with it... so I went back to dialup... ...which was nice, because I no longer had to worry about telemarketers.

Comment

Working...
          X