This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The start of my day yesterday

For some unknown reason, maniacal SCs have been coming out of the woodwork the past couple of weeks. I'm not talking about your standard sc, I'm talking about the insane, scream-y, mean ones.

This was my first escalation of the day yesterday:

-Before I give the dialogue, I would like to preface this by saying that one of the ways we provide compensation is in the form of guest coupons. They are issued in increments of $10.00 and you can use them for ANYTHING except parking at any of our hotels. They are good for a year. Anyway...

Me: Good morning, this is dekydrose, supervisor, I understand you have a problem with your guest coupons?

SC: Yes. Let me explain. I had a problem at the blah blah blah two years ago. To compensate for my problems I had and, according to the letter I got from you folks, to allow me to experience your usual quality, you provided me with $40.00 in Guest Coupons.

Me: Ok..

SC: Well, here I am at such and such and I just now noticed they were expired! I would like for you to re-send them or allow the hotel to accept them.

Me: Ok, well, I want to apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the Guest Coupons...they were good for one full year. Unfortunately, my office will not be able to re-issue the coupons or force the hotel to accept expired ones.

SC: What?? This is ridiculous...I thought you were a supervisor?

ME: I am...

SC: I would NEVER have stayed with you guys had I known I could not use my coupons. I'm going to dispute the charges with my credit card company. This is fraud. I had a bad experience two years ago and you are not making this any better!

Me: I apologize if you feel that way, however the expiration date is on botht he letter you quoted earlier as well as on the coupons themselves. Again, we will not be able to re-issue the coupons.

SC: (goes completely ballistic) You c***!

Me: Excuse me?

SC: I want to use the coupons!

Me: I'm sorry, they are expired.

SC: Fine. Whatever. This just goes to further sour the taste of your company for me. I need the corporate number for disputes.

Me: There is no number in corporate for credit card disputes.

SC: Yes there is ::chuckles:: oh ho ho...don't you lie to me...I spoke with them two years ago..

Me: Maam, again. There is no number in corporate that handles credit card disputes. You spoke to MY office two years ago, we are the ones who issued you the coupons. We handle guest complaints and document your concerns. There is no department that does credit card disputes.

SC: Well you're an ignorant little ******, aren't you. I should not be punished for your lack of knowledge. Give me the damn number. Now.

Me: Again. There is no number for me to give to you.

SC: You're not making things any better.

Me: Ok, sorry you feel that way.

SC: No. You know what? I want to talk to your supervisor. Now.

Me: Ok, my supervisor will contact you on Monday when she is in the office.

SC: I want her name and number.

Me: We are not allowed to disclose that information, she will be back in the office on Monday and she will be in contact with you then.

SC: **** you then!

*click*

And yes...that was my first call of the day. Obviously, that one put me in a winning mood.

Wow!!!!

The F word, C word AND called you a bitch??????

Oh, my friend. You are a STRONG woman indeed. Does your company make you stay on the line when they cuss you?

Much as my company can suck on occasion, they would have actually encouraged me to hang up on someone who called me the C word.

Wow. You need a or a good stiff drink. I am so sorry. Did your day get any better after that?
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
      SC: Well you're an ignorant little ******, aren't you. I should not be punished for your lack of knowledge. Give me the damn number. Now.
      I would have been tempted to give them the number they just called.

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
        Give me the damn number. Now.
        Certainly! 1-800-KISSMYASS

Yes, it's not the right number of letters, but I doubt the SC would notice.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The first time she used foul language, you should have said to her
          "Ma'm, I understand you're upset, but language like that will not prove anything nor get you anywhere. If you use language like that again, this call will be terminated."

If she does it again? End the call - preferably by slamming the phone down so hard her earrings crack.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Why didn't you hang up on her as soon as she said her first curse word? I don't care who it is on the phone but the second someone starts cursing I hang up on them. No reason to put up with that kind of abuse.

Comment

I think you need one of these ,
              maybe tomorrow will be better for you.
              I hope next time that sc rings someone slams the phone down on her , no one deserves to be spoken to like that.

Are you going to inform/ warn your superviser that she was abusive or let her find it out for herself?
              Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Wow! And I thought the Wicked Witch of East Nine was bad! (the linky and the update.....y...)
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You know after being called a C-word, I would have told him to calm down or I'd disconnect the call and if he did it again, just hang up.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                  X