No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In "M*A*S*H", who is the guy who makes the PA announcements? The PA is in Radar/Klinger's office, and there are times when it's Radar or Klinger that make announcements, but the 'incoming wounded' is for the most part someone else we never see.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Headline:.Ewan Macgregor has grown his Obi-wan Kenobi beard again

Me: Geez slow news day? Like there's nothing else more important going on?

Me, inside: Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• How come every TV or comic hillbilly family has most of its members look like they've just crawled out of the Primordial Soup with maybe six teeth between the lot of them and more shrivelled bits than you'd care to inflict upon your eyes... and yet there's always one daughter/cousin/niece who could have walked onto the cover of Playboy Swimwear with perfect teeth and beautiful skin??
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          ... always one daughter/cousin/niece ...
          Vampiric vortex pulling it out of the rest of the clan?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

How come every TV or comic hillbilly family has most of its members look like they've just crawled out of the Primordial Soup with maybe six teeth between the lot of them and more shrivelled bits than you'd care to inflict upon your eyes... and yet there's always one daughter/cousin/niece who could have walked onto the cover of Playboy Swimwear with perfect teeth and beautiful skin??
            Somebody's been watching the Beverly Hillbillies. I'll take Ellie Mae, you can have Jethrine.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

How come every TV or comic hillbilly family has most of its members look like they've just crawled out of the Primordial Soup with maybe six teeth between the lot of them and more shrivelled bits than you'd care to inflict upon your eyes... and yet there's always one daughter/cousin/niece who could have walked onto the cover of Playboy Swimwear with perfect teeth and beautiful skin??
              Andy Griffith Show on MeTV?
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I've learned something about corporate America: they tell you that you can be open and honest but it's not really true. Keep your head down. That's what I know.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I've learned something about corporate America: they tell you that you can be open and honest but it's not really true. Keep your head down. That's what I know.
                  Personal behavior of management rarely follows corporate policy.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                    Personal behavior of management rarely follows corporate policy.
                    I'm reminded of executives with an "open door policy" but when you walk into their offices they say, "Who the hell are you? Get out!"
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• ...especially if you don't even work there
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                        I'm reminded of executives with an "open door policy" but when you walk into their offices they say, "Who the hell are you? Get out!"
                        The best job to have is one when they mention your name to the big boss, the big boss says, "Who is that?"

Comment

• I remember that on W. K. R. P., yes I am that old. The boss, Mr. Carlson, was a moron. One of the many things that made him a moron was that during the first season he never remembered who Bailey was. She was the second woman to work at the station, with the first being Jennifer the receptionist.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• WKRP? The source of that most memorable quote, "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              WKRP? The source of that most memorable quote, "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
                              I used to think the first line in the closing song lyrics was "Jukebox bartender, tonight!"

They may as well be. Apparently the lyrics are just jibberish anyway.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Very glad I waited a week to cut up the murderfruit I bought recently. It smells and tastes just wonderful. Murderfruit is what we call pineapple, since it tries to eat you back.
                                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                                X