Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Yes that puppy is incredibly cute. But pets are not allowed in our supermarket. Or any supermarket for that matter. This has been a rule for many many decades now, it's not something new.

2) In summer I realize how hot it is outside,but shirts are required. Even for your very small children. Just like the no pets rule, this has been required for decades.

3) When you read a price tag, don't just look at the price and assume it's for the item(s) above,below or next to it. Read the whole thing. Reading is a life skill, use it.

4) I used to work in the bottle return dept. I know this department far more than all the managers put together. When I say we don't accept a particular brand or size, don't go ballistic on me and demand to see the manager.
    Sure he'll cave in and make me accept them. But that's the equivalent of a parent caving in to a spoiled childs rantings to keep them quiet. It also not only makes me resent you even more, but makes me resent the manager for not having a backbone and backing me up.

Comment

Our buyers have no way to prognosticate into the future. They have no way of knowing that floods, storms and whatnot will wipe out their suppliers a whole year out from placing orders. In any case, those suppliers have a finite number of assembly lines and lots more clients than just ours, so "You should have ordered more!" is not a valid response when I tell you certain items are unavailable.

This year, the hard to get items will be various point & shoot cameras, hard drives (and select devices that use them-- like the PS3 and certain Macs) because of the floods in Thailand.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Speak the local language when you call a hotline in it. If you do not speak it? Or not speak it very well, ask if it is okay to speak English, do not demand it rudely.

I can support in a few languages: English, German, even a bit of French or Esperanto. If you speak a common European language, I can transfer you. However, if you demand support in Hindi, Japanese or Amharic, no, you are on your own.

If I offer you to transfer to a department that speaks your local language do not react as if I insulted you, your virility and your ancestors up to the 18th generation.

Are in fromt of your $device if you want me to help troubleshoot it.

Comment

Yes, the lines are long. It's freaking Black Friday weekend, what the hell were you expecting, a deserted store?! Quit bellyaching and bring a book or handheld game next time.

No, we cannot make multiple cuts from each bolt. We cannot give you six ¼ yard pieces from one bolt, you'll have to take one 1½ yard cut instead. Why not? If we do it for you, we have to do it for everybody. If we special cut everybody's fabric, the lines would take even longer than they do now, which you are complaining about. Besides, you're a quilter, you own a damn cutting mat and scissors or rotary cutter. Do your own work!

No, we do not have a public bathroom. This is a very old store in a very old building, built before the current codes. Our bathrooms are located in the stock room, which, with the massive shipments we've been receiving, currently resembles the closing scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. We don't need an unauthorized person stumbling around back there and getting hurt, or rummaging through the backstock. Ergo, our bathrooms are not for the public use.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We do not sell chairs for $29.00. EVER EVER EVER. Yes, the page was confusing on the website, but come ON. You bought cushions instead and then called to complain. At least you admitted you'd never dealt with our store before, which explains a lot. We cater to people who would rather die than have a $29 chair in their home.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Yes, the lines are long. It's freaking Black Friday weekend, what the hell were you expecting, a deserted store?!
              Apparently so. One news feed I get posted a "breaking news" article Friday about huge lines at department stores >_<
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Tech support::

Please be at home when you call. I don't have a magic wand.

72 hours is a perfectly acceptable deadline. If it's that important to your work perhaps you should consider switching to a business broadband provider.

It's not the router that's faulty.

Openreach WILL charge us if it's your internal wiring. Then we WILL pass that charge onto you.

Arguing with me won't get it fixed any quicker. Yes it's a script, but it's a damned good one!

I don't care that you've been a customer with us for x years, the warranty is for 12 months so you gotta buy a new one. And no, a manager cannot override that.

Comment

Here's one:

- If the Editorial Dept. has decided your big feud with your neighbor/brother-in-law/ex-wife/rival political party/random stranger who you thought looks like "one of them" doesn't rate a big story, give it up already and stop calling and ranting at me! (1) I don't work in that dept. and I don't have any influence over what the reporters write! and (2) No one is entitled to have a story printed in the paper about their personal grievance.

- Likewise, you are not entitled to have an obit (news story=free) printed about your Great-Aunt Bertha. Especially when she hasn't lived in this area for 60 years! No, it doesn't matter that Great-Aunt Bertha's dad was related to the guy who invented the spittoon. The obit would be about HER not about her dad or the spittoon-guy, so being indirectly related to someone prominent doesn't rate a news story. Go away.
                  Last edited by MoonCat; 12-03-2011, 01:38 AM.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If the bathroom is broken, please understand that I --the one who is trapped here ALL damned day long--am far more inconvenienced than you are. You're out shopping. You can go to any other store, or even...home! to go pee. I ...cannot. So, STFU about the restroom being broken. It's a fairly minor bother for you. It pretty much screws with my whole day.
                    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I am not in charge of the free parking promotion going on at the parking garage I temporarily worked at. My last day there was yesterday.

The company that owns the garage came up with the free parking promotion.

I am not responsible for what the store & restaurant employees tell the customers. Complaints need to be directed to the company that owns the garage.

Do not bitch to me about what is going on & how unhappy you are. I have no control over the situation.

Comment

If you are asking us to hold an item for you, unpaid, until you come in to purchase it, we will hold it for 24 hours ONLY.

Not "until I finish my comparison shopping and finally decide to buy from you."

Not "until I come in three days from now to purchase the item using my loyalty coupon which starts three days from now."

Not "until I finally feel like getting off my ass and buying the item."

No, we don't have the tablet PC you want. Apparently everybody and their immediate and distant family want tablet PCs for Christmas this year, and we are sold out of many models at many of our stores. I think I saw a story on 60 Minutes where they said stores do occasionally run out of things. I've never seen Morley Safer so shaken.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I realize there are 2 registers and one of me, but when you see me walk to the one over here and ring up your order, don't plop your money down on that end of the counter. Walk the 4 feet over here; the hot dog roller doesn't make change.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

When I tell you you called X location, I am not joking. You called X location. It doesn't matter if you thought you dialed Y location, you're talking to X. No, we did not take over Y's number. This has happened in 2 different cities for 2 different companies where people called the wrong location.

Comment

You want to know how to avoid disappointment when scheduling professional installers to come to your home to put in the stuff you buy from us? Make sure you HAVE all the items first and that they all WORK/ARE NOT BROKEN!!! I know we can do better with getting things to you in first quality the first time and in not having things backordered for months on end. However, it's a really stupid idea to place an order assuming your stuff is going to get there on time, without a hitch, and immediately make an appointment for someone to come in and charge you out the ass to install it for you. We're not going to compensate you for wasting their time and your money, either. Douchewaffles.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I am one person. I can only do so much in a day/at a time. Coworker who helps keep everything running smoothly for the computer repair side was in a car accident last week and is off for at least two weeks, probably longer.

Telling me that you understand all this, trying to act like you are my friend, and then in the next breath completely flipping your lid and losing your when you find out:
                                That no, I can't snap my fingers and fix your computer remotely.
                                That due to scheduling, I am usually not in the shop until later in the day (I do the business tech support callouts in the morning to minimize their downtime).
                                That due to the other tech being out on sick leave has increased the average turn around time for repair work. I am willing to bump stuff in the queue, but there will be an extra charge for it.
                                That since I am currently the only tech in the shop, no, I will not make a special journey into inbred redneck hillbilly central in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. The last time was on my day off, and I had other errands in that direction. Both points I thought I was VERY clear on last time. If I do make such a trip, you will be billed for it.
                                No, I will not work through my lunch break. Right now, it is the only break I get. I take ten to fifteen minutes to eat my lunch. Deal with it.
                                You will be charged for any work done. I know you don't work for free, so why should I? Especially seeing as you make easily three to four times what I do. (I know your boss, I asked for a rough estimate of what you make. Your boss also knows how much of an ass you are to the techs.)

In fact, the only thing that being sworn at makes me want to do is push you even further back in the queue, reset everything back to when you first got the computer (With no data backups done beforehand), overcharge you for the work done, and wish that I am there to see karma kick your ass, or you can go DiaF for all I care. I'm good either way on the last two points to be honest.

I have hit burnout, I am not going to overwork myself for a job where I make about minimum wage for this field, and the owner is to cheap to either hire extra help, or make the compensation more tolerable for the two techs who are here. Depending on what is in the queue, I may work late, but that is at my discretion, and if I am tired and know I will make more mistakes or I have other commitments then I am not staying.
                                (Owner has stated many many times that the computer tech support part of the business is what keeps everything else afloat.)

To the customers on the sales floor, I don't know if you noticed, but the sign on the building says (computer store) & (chain store). That means we are a dealer store, not a corporate store. What that means for you, dear customers, is that corporate usually gives us the shaft on getting stock in a timely manner, at a decent price so we can actually make money on it. Assuming corporate even bothers to send us the stock we ordered three months ago, if at all.
                                The corporate stores get all the brand new goodies and we don't find out about it until we see it on the website, or someone comes in asking about it. Huffing and puffing that we don't have X in stock is not going to allow us to magically pull it out of our collective ass for you. And to be honest, at this time of year, you would be much, much further ahead to order it online, and you can even have it shipped to the store for free.

Also, I am an employee of (computer store) I am only on the sales floor to grab a part I may need, or to help herd customers to whatever over priced and cheaply made trinket you are currently seeking. I don't know the specifics of (corporate store) return/exchange/cellphone/etc policy, nor do I care to. I can usually answer general questions. Looking at me like I am something you stepped in and huffing and puffing about incompetent staff, AFTER, I have pointed out that I am usually in the back fixing computers, not on the sales floor only makes me even less inclined to care if you spend money here or not.

Speaking of stock, (corporate) stop giving us grief about not pushing your crap. Especially when the front manager was kind enough to take your local rep around the store and point out every single item we get from (corporate), and then point out the better made, and less expensive, product ordered from a different supplier that sells better, has FAR less returns/problems, and actually arrives 2-3 business days after we order it. None of this 'It's been shipped, we won't give you a tracking number, it will arrive when it arrives' bull we get on a regular basis from (corporate).
                                (The rep had a very stunned and dazed expression on his face afterwards)

Coworker was in a fender bender, vehicle is a bit dinged up and he's mostly okay, except for the muscles in his back giving him lots of grief.

Comment

Working...
                                X